Founded over 40 years ago, Solotech is a world leader in audiovisual and entertainment technology with 13 strategic locations in Canada, the United States and Europe. Thanks to an inventory from over 300 renowned manufacturers, Solotech is the one-stop-shop for audio, video, lighting, rigging, soft goods, control and collaboration solutions & services. The company is internationally recognized for its expertise in Live Productions and Systems Integration in various markets, namely music, sports, business, culture and education. Solotech employs 1,200 professionals in its offices located in Montreal, Quebec City, Saguenay, Ottawa, Toronto, Las Vegas, Nashville, DeKalb, Los Angeles, Heywood, London and Redditch.
_Find out more at: www.solotech.com
Reporting to the Manager Design and Estimating, the Senior System Designer will provide assistance to all employees of the department and will work in close collaboration with the Sales Representative to produce a design that meets the client’s expectations.*
*The Senior System Designer will specialize in professional audio and DSP, high level paging systems typically used in transportation projects, digital signage and NOCs. The Senior System Designer will also be well versed in the design of traditional audiovisual systems.
- Develop a complete system design including a Bill of Materials with equipment costs based on the Representative’s base design and Statement of Work;
- Study construction documents in detail in order to prepare a complete and compliant bid document;
- Assist sales representatives in the development of solutions for our customers and participate in client meetings to support the Sales Representative;
- Consult with the Programmer to validate system configuration;
- May have to go on job site visits with the project manager in the GTA and surrounding areas to evaluate installation solutions and site conditions;
- Source items that have to be custom-built by internal shops or external providers;
- Produce designs that correspond with objectives for competitive bids;
- Produce technical drawings (block diagram, single-line, architectural, etc.;
- Identify the workforce, hardware and cable, special tools and test equipment needs;
- Create the hardware and cable equipment lists;
- Validate equipment choices and systems design and propose alternate solutions when appropriate;
- Responsible of researching products and specialized equipment to meet the needs of the project as specified;
- Keep informed of new products and new technologies in the audiovisual and related fields;
- Perform tests of equipment to validate their performance;
- Act as a reference for internal and external clients;
- Ensure the technical compliance of the projects delivery to meet or exceed industry standards;
- Any other related tasks, based on the department and company’s needs.
- Training in audiovisual, project management or other relevant training of work experience;
- Certification with audio, video, DSP and similar manufacturers;
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Advanced knowledge and skills in sound, paging, control, video and control centres;
- Advance knowledge of MS Office Suite;
- Ability to prepare, understand and interpret complex single-line connections plans, electrical building elevation plans;
- Knowledge of the following software: AutoCAD 2010, MS Project;
- Knowledge of specialized software and / or DSP configurations, sound analysis, calibration, commissioning audio and video systems.
_We thank all applicants for their interest in Solotech, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
_In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Solotech is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, the Human Resources Department will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent