Betz Pools Ltd. is one of Canada’s leaders in the design, installation, renovation and service of custom pools/spas and unique backyard paradise.
Our company is currently looking for experienced concrete labourers with general forming/carpentry experience to join our team! The Concrete labourer will be required to perform tasks involving physical labor at construction projects, and will be required to operate a variety of hand and power tools. New build labourers will be required to work safely and abide by all health and safety regulations, as well as perform some heavy manual labour.
Qualified candidates may possess multiple skills, such as: concrete forming and pouring, carpentry, demolition, trench digging, working at heights and clean up, etc. * Considered an asset*
Pool experience is considered an asset but not necessary.
- Analytical Thinking
- Critical Thinking
- Decision Making
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Results Oriented
- Service Orientation
- Working Independently
- Clean and perform preparation of work-site to eliminate possible hazards and ensure equipment is properly maintained.
- Operate a variety of hand tools including but not limited to: skill saws, reciprocating saws, hands drills, jackhammers, rebar bender, hammers, sledgehammers, etc.
- Erect wood formation for the foundation of the pool shell.
- Measure, bend, form and tie together rebar material to create the shell of the pool.
- Shovel cement and other materials into portable cement mixers, and mix, pour, and spread concrete.
- Assist with gunite and concrete pours.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials.
- Smooth and finish freshly poured cement or concrete, using floats, trowels, screeds, or powered cement finishing tools.
- Tend machines that pump concrete, grout, cement, sand, plaster or stucco through spray-guns for application to ceilings and walls.
- Utilize pumps, compressors, and generators to provide power for tools, machinery, and equipment, or to heat and move materials such as asphalt.
- Operate, read, and maintain air monitoring and other sampling devices when working in confined spaces and/or hazardous environments.
- Control traffic passing near, in, and around work zones.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations, compact and level earth to grade specifications, using appropriate tools.
- Erect and disassemble scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, and other temporary structures.
- Grind, scrape, sand, or polish surfaces using abrasive tools or machines.
- Install pool piping in locations directed by foreman.
- Load, unload, and identify building materials, machinery, and tools, and distribute them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
- Measure, mark, and record openings and distances to lay out areas where construction work will be performed.
- Mix compounds for hot patches to fix concrete damage.
- Perform acid wash techniques to clean and prep for tiling and marblelite.
- Provide assistance to subcontract workers, such as carpenters, plasterers, and masons.
- Perform demolition work and salvage useful materials.
- Read and interpret plans, instructions, blueprints, structural drawings, rough sketches, and specifications to determine work activities.
- Identify, pack, and transport hazardous materials.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Currently working in the trade or previous related experience is preferred
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Knowledge of First Aid and CPR considered an asset
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Time management skills and punctuality
- Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary for construction
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license and a clean Driver’s abstract
- Proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current.
- Respect diversity - treat others with respect.
- Knowledge of appropriate materials, methods, and the tools required in various construction processes
- Strong working mechanical knowledge of equipment used
- Ability to readily determine the correct tools and equipment needed to do a job
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Job requires ability to work with tools, lumber, rebar, gunite, concrete, and additional materials.
- Ability to lift and manipulate objects of up to 75 lbs is required.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment will be required (e.g. hard-hat, safety boots, etc.)
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue.
- Noise level is generally loud.
- Must be able to quickly move arms and legs.
- Hazards associated with the construction industry.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $22.00 to $28.00 /hour
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Concrete: 1 year (Preferred)
- Forming: 1 year (Preferred)
- Physical labour: 1 year (Preferred)