We are looking for a candidate to fill the role of Second Cook at our Restaurant. We are an award winning fine dining Steakhouse.
The successful candidate will report to the Chef. This position is responsible for playing a large part in the actual production of each meal and will supervise the kitchen and the culinary team in the absence of the Chef. This role assists the Chef and Jr. Cooks in all areas of the kitchen including food production, standards and kitchen sanitation.
- Prepare food items for customers using a quality pre-determined method in a timely and consistent manner with the minimum of wastage possible.
- Set up station to service all functions.
- Practice sanitation and safety daily to ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Daily cleaning and inventory of walk in, storage and refrigerators for stock rotation and ensure all equipment in work area is properly cleaned.
- Report any equipment in need of repair to the Chef.
- Perform other duties as necessary and assigned.
- Red Seal Certification is considered an asset.
- Must have Food Safe Certification.
- Ability to obtain and or maintain any provincial and federal licenses, certificates and permits.
- Second Cooks, ideally, but not ultimately, are required to have a minimum of three (3) years experience in comparable restaurants.
- Completion of a recognized culinary program.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English, a second language is an asset.
- Must be able to work early mornings/ opening shift.
- A neat, clean, well groomed appearance as per C&A Company Standards.
- Must be able to push carts of up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to stand on feet for 8 hours per day.
- Must be able to use a knife for up to an hour at a time, sometimes longer if necessary.
- Must be able to lift boxes between 10-20lbs without assistance from others.
- Health and dental benefits (waiting period applies)
- Opportunities for advancement
Job Type: Full-time
- cooking: 3 years (Preferred)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (Preferred)