Front Desk Agent / Night Auditor, Chateau Nova Peace River
Reporting to the Front Office Manager , the main duty of the Guest Service Agent is to ensure the satisfaction of all hotel guests by providing exceptional customer service. You are the first impression of the property; you welcome guests in a professional and friendly manner at all times and resolve any guest issues as they come up. Sell rooms to hotel guests that call or come to the desk and ensure that sufficient payment in collected in accordance with hotel policies. This position is full-time and includes days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
The specific responsibilities of the Guest Service Agent will vary depending on the needs of the properties. Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Follows all established and future front office Standard Operating Procedures.
- Provides exceptional, courteous service to customers by adhering to Nova Hotels standards
- Communicates effectively with customers, co-workers, and supervisors
- Handles difficult guest inquiries and concerns effectively
- Demonstrates teamwork by cooperating and assisting at the front desk as needed
- Provides courteous, prompt, and accurate inter-hotel communications to staff and customers
- Effectively makes and alters reservations within the hotel PMS system
- Promptly checks in or checks out guests, with attention to detail and accuracy
- Reports, turns in, and/or logs all lost and found items according to established procedures
- Utilizes up-selling techniques to maximize profitability.
- Performs duties as a key member of the Health & safety team
- Maintain regular attendance as per scheduling which will vary according to occupancy of the hotel
- Ensures organization and cleanliness of the front desk area.
- Reports all concerns related to Engineering/Maintenance, Health and Safety, Security or Suspicious circumstances (including smells/sights and sound) immediately to the appropriate leader
- Adheres to all Nova Hotels standards, including Hygiene, Health and Safety, and Guest Interactions.
- Other projects/duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time