keep reading apply now on Indeed
The Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport, located close to Pearson International Airport, is currently looking for a dynamic Guest Services Supervisor to join the leadership team!The Guest Services Supervisor will be responsible for all day-to-day aspects of the Front Office, which includes training new and existing team members, providing overall support and guidance to the team, handling guest inquiries and concerns, and working with other departments to ensure a seamless experience for guests. Leading by example, the Guest Services Supervisor will be expected to engage our guests and anticipate their needs, using creative proactive approaches to creating exceptional experiences.
This position requires exceptionally strong communication and a collaborative approach with all hotel leadership team members and departmental teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the General Manager (or their designate), the Guest Services Supervisor will:
- Support the General Manager (or designate) with overseeing the Front Office team and driving a culture of performance and high engagement through recognition and training;
- Ensure the team is effectively trained on all Brand service standards, and that standards are being followed through monitoring and providing feedback to the team members;
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures for the Front Office department;
- Prepare clear and concise daily reports on all key guest and team issues that occur during the shift;
- Ensure all hotel policies and procedures are followed, including but not limited to, cash handling, guest and team member security/privacy, health & safety, etc.;
- Follow-up on guest reviews and respond appropriately through the correct channel, seeking guidance when needed;
- Effectively handle all guest concerns with follow up and resolution in a professional and timely manner;
- Oversee the Market/Gift Shop and ensure inventories, ordering and procedures are followed;
- Liaise with all supporting departments to ensure a seamless experience for our guests, ensuring our vision of passionate people creating exceptional experiences is at the forefront of every interaction;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In addition to the core job requirements, skill sets and work-related experience; the ideal candidate will illustrate the ability and drive to:
- Drive the corporate culture, personifying it in daily interactions with both guests and team members;
- Be an engaging leader who is highly inclusive, inspiring and able to relate to all levels
- Create a fun and supportive working environment where team members aspire to do what is right and are given the empowerment to execute.
- Minimum 2 years of Front Office supervisory experience in a hotel environment preferred;
- Diploma or degree in Hospitality Management or Business, is a definite asset;
- Strong computer skills, with knowledge of Microsoft Office and Hotel Property Management Systems is essential;
- Organized, results orientated, proven time management skills and ability to work under pressure;
- Strong understanding of social media and exceptional communication skills, verbal and written;
- Demonstrates strong leadership, team, communication and coaching skills;
- Strong problem solving and creative thinking skills;
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment-maintaining composure and objectivity with guests and team members;
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada. Please note that the hotel is unable to assist candidate in obtaining Canadian work authorizations.
- Available to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays as required, including occasional Manager-On-Duty shifts.
The company has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccine Policy which states that successful applicants are required to provide proof of full vaccination or proof of a documented exemption as part of the hiring process. Details of the policy will be discussed as part of the hiring process.
About Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport
The Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport was built “green” from the ground up and is the first hotel in Canada to be accredited with LEED certification. The Hotel was awarded 4 Green Keys by the Hotel Association of Canada!
Located close to a large number of businesses, the Hilton Garden Inn Toronto Airport boasts a diverse selection of versatile meeting space, 24 hour shuttle service, complimentary Wi-Fi and a heated pool and fitness center. Restaurants, shopping, major attractions and sporting facilities are just a short drive from the Hilton Garden Inn.
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S., and ranges from internationally branded full and select service hotels to independent and boutique hotels.
At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, Recognition.
As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention.
Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional! Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
The Silver Hotel Group believes in outstanding hospitality and takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, existing and prospective team members. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at 905-362-9503.
The Silver Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law.
apply now on Indeed