Index Construction’s seasoned management team brings decades of knowledge, integrity and expertise in the construction of high rise and low rise condominiums, industrial, commercial, institutional and retail projects.
Having built and managed many large scale projects, we at Index Construction understand well the importance of timelines, budget adherence, contract negotiations and — most importantly – maintaining a consistent high quality in everything we do.
We are a solid partner for our customers, based on the integrity, competency and experience of our people, together with our track record for delivering results.
Index Construction is currently seeking a Health and Safety Coordinator to add to our team.
- Previous Experience in implementation of COR- Program and qualified to conduct COR Internal audits
- Knowledge of the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulation for Construction Projects, Industrial Establishments, and WHMIS 2015 Regulation, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record and the ability to drive to job sites.
- Excellent meeting/training facilitation, communication and English written skills.
- Provide support to the project by maintaining a visible presence to the field by performing site visits to the entire project at least once per shift, if possible coordinate with the project manager.
- Assist in the coaching, mentoring and implementation of the HS&E programs in the field.
- Regularly review and be familiar with all applicable legislation and applicable standards, to ensure compliance.
- Inform the project management team and supervision of any new or conflictive legislative matters that could impact the project.
- Develop a Site Safety Management Plan (SMP) for the project to ensure a safe work environment for all company employees, contractors, visitors and community.
- Regularly audit the SMP for compliance and update to ensure the alignment with project scope and conditions.
- Organize and schedule required safety staff and first aid coverage.
- Provide direction, support and resource to all site managers, supervisors, foremen and safety advisors.
- Ensure that all incidents are reported immediately.
- Participate and assist the supervisors, foreman and safety advisors in the investigation of incidents to determine root cause, and corrective actions where necessary.
- Ensure incident corrective actions are followed up on and completed.
- Ensure injured workers are offered modified duties and documentation has been completed. Monitor and follow up on modified workers in the field.
- Ensure Safety Advisors are verifying field staff training and competencies; consult the project management team and Regional Safety Manager for compliance and action plan.
- Review safety obligations of the clients and ensure they are carried out as per the terms of the agreement, and communicated to the Project Manager, Supervisors, Foreman and Safety Advisors.
- Ensure new hires are orientated, and all required documentation is completed accurately and forwarded to the head office.
- Ensure safety boards with postings including but not limited to: Health and safety policy, inspection and audit results, project hazard assessment, location of first aid, etc. are maintained and current.
- Ensure that the following material is available and on site, Index Construction HS&E Manual, the applicable provincial legislation and regulations, site safety inspection forms, observation forms, tailboards and logbooks, fall protection plans etc.
- Prepare for, and participate in audits such as 18001, COR and/or Owner audits.
- Communicate, coach and assist the field staff to ensure that all safety expectations are understood and met.
- Fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Meet tight deadlines
- Strong planning and organizational abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft
- Onsite and field work may be required
- Ability to maintain effective work relationships
Index Construction is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity of applicants. We thank you in advance for your interest; however, only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted directly.
Reference ID: HSR_20200623
Application Deadline: 2020-07-08
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company Car
- Extended Health Care
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- 10 Hour Shift
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
Index employees/visitors to our sites to adhere to these revised Health & Safety Protocols in order to maintain the health & safety of all workers performing duties during the crisis. The protocols include prevention, detection and response measures.
- Health and Safety Coordinator: 2 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)