The Senior Manager, Innovation & Planning is responsible for optimization of all transportation processes/projects with financial accountability for a $500 million budget encompassing over 675,000 shipments
1. Manage optimization projects covering North American transportation operations, deliveries, services, and communication to internal associates, vendors, distribution centres, carriers and stores. (50+ carriers, 950+ vendors, 400+ stores)
2. Develop and execute the annual transportation budget of $500 million in spend. Execute the plan on LCOM innitiatives of > $10 million in annual savings.
3. Drive change and savings to the business through key strategic projects including: Transportation bid procurement to secure the optimal balance of cost and service. Achieve delivery optimization through the Right Store, Right Service project by standardizing frequency and windows. Innovate through technology by utilizing GPS technology to provide real time visibility to the business.
4. Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects for Transportation by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities to senior leadership; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
5. Identifies the need for incremental capacity due to network realignments and seasonal demand and calculating future demand to support and assist Operations, Replenishment, and Merchandising by identifying logistical opportunities between Walmart Canda's supply chain and high-volume suppliers to procure cost effective transportation; assisting the Walmart Fleet to define lanes and volumes to best utilize equipment and lower costs.
6. Provides supervision and development opportunities for 4 associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
7. Uses relevant business metrics, analyses, and reports to measure, monitor, and improve performance. Identifies and applies sound, fact-based criteria in setting priorities and making decisions. Looks beyond symptoms to determine the root causes of problems, and identify and implement applicable solutions. Integrates knowledge and expertise in making fact-based recommendations and decisions.
8. Supports improving traffic management efficiency and effectiveness by providing ideas to the Director/VP level based on observed trends in the operation, supplier tendencies, carrier observations, and internal customers needs/demands.
Canada Walmart Division
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor's degree
Minimum Years of Experience Required: 8+ years
Successful track record of managing third party operators and client relationships.
Knowledge of the practical requirements of Health and Safety legislation. Supply Chain cost based solutions
Licensing & Other Qualifications
Professional Logistician or CITT. Post Secondary degree in Management of Business Post Graduate degree (MBA or accounting designation) required
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.