About Starling Minds
We are currently undergoing a global mental health epidemic. 1 in 5 Canadians suffer from mental illness annually wherein 60% are left untreated due to cost, access, or stigma. As a result, staggering costs are incurred by affected individuals and their employers.
Starling Minds’ mission is to make affordable and effective mental health care accessible to everyone. We sell our Workplace Mental Health Platform to organizations as an on-demand, 100% digital Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) solution so that there are minimal barriers for employees to access evidence-based support.
Summary of Role
Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Marketing will work closely with all members of the management team and will be responsible for driving a healthy funnel of leads to our Sales team as well as building Starling’s market presence in target verticals.
This strategic role will lead our growing Marketing team and will require a diverse skill set across a variety of domains. This experienced Marketing leader will help execute marketing initiatives on a tactical level in addition to driving our marketing vision forward.
You have a fire in your belly and are always looking for new and creative ways to innovate. You have an insatiable appetite for learning and love to win as a team. You are highly organized, take pride in everything you touch and can have passionate debate and respectively challenge others. You love building creative and scalable processes and seek out ways to create efficiency in delivery.
- Marketing Strategy: A strong voice at the leadership team representing our overall go-to-market strategy
- Lead Generation: Generating targeted and qualified leads in a predictable and cost-effective manner to support our revenue forecasts including account-based marketing campaigns and social media strategies
- Content Marketing: Creating and executing a calendar of thought leadership content that can be used for lead generation and sales progression efforts
- Market Research: Ongoing research of the mental health space, geographic markets (potential and existing), vertical markets, and professions as well as competitor research by product
- Customer Marketing: Marketing to Starling’s installed customer base in the form of newsletters, general updates, and customer-facing events and summits
- Member Marketing: Creating client internal communications toolkits to build awareness around Starling’s programs and ongoing engagement with program members
- Event Marketing: Researching and prioritizing a calendar of events (online or on-site) for both existing customers and prospects
- Brand Communications: Developing and managing the adherence of Starling’s brand guidelines and messaging alongside product marketing
- Sales Tools and Collateral: Optimizing and standardizing the sales and marketing tools that can be utilized to close deals
- Product Marketing: Maintaining Rate Cards, ROI Calculators, Training Manuals, Tear Sheets, FAQs and Competitor Analysis
- Public Relations: Creating broad awareness in the marketplace about Starling by developing and maintaining key media relationships for analyst relations, editorial coverage in publications, news releases, etc.
Skills and Requirements
- Proven track record as a team/people leader
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Keynote presentation skills
- Analytical thinker - can distill research and vast amounts of material into easy to understand and process information
- System and process builder - innate ability to build scalable and repeatable processes
- Experience working in a startup environment - hands-on experience while building out your team
- Proven track record doing B2B marketing for a Software-as-a-Service solution for both the US and Canadian marketplace
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and build a consensus in a high-pressure environment
- Data-driven decision maker
- Analytical problem-solving skills with an impeccable attention to detail
- Deep project and budget management skills
- Experience working with content management systems, marketing automation systems, email marketing systems, and marketing analytics software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
Nice to haves
- Industry experience in healthcare or digital health apps
- Reports to: CEO
- Salary: TBD, depending on experience
- Full time permanent position
- Located in Vancouver, BC Canada (Company HQ)