Arborwest is currently seeking motivated, career-driven individuals for the following positions in our Utility Vegetation Management group:
- Utility Project Manager
- Utility Work Planner, Senior
- Utility Work Planner, Junior
These utility vegetation management planning positions involve significant time outdoors and require travel to various locations throughout Western Canada.
Arborwest has both entry-level positions with excellent advancement opportunities and senior-level positions for experienced industry professionals.
If you enjoy working outdoors and you are interested in joining our growing team of professional planners and managers, we'd like to hear from you.
All positions will be open until filled.
Requirements for all positions:
- Minimum one year of natural resource management experience (eg. Forestry, Aboriculture, Horticulture)
- Microsoft Office and GIS mapping software experience
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Class 5 Drivers License with ability to operate four-wheel drive vehicle and other off-road vehicles
- Ability to walk/hike rugged terrain in all weather conditions
- Ability to interpret maps/work plans and navigate accordingly
- Ability to collaborate with others on project teams
- Ability to problem solve and work independently
- Ability to identify common trees, growth rates and noxious weeds
- Flexibility for overnight travel
Considered an asset for all positions:
- Professional Forestry Designation (RPF or RFT)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Utility Arborist (CUA), Utility Tree Trimmer (UTT) or other arborist trade certificate
- ISA Certified Arborist/Utility Specialist/Municipal Specialist
- Tree Risk Assessment Qualification (TRAQ) and/or Wildlife Danger Tree Assessor
Eligibility for any of the above credentials will also be considered an asset.
We offer a competitive salary, company vehicle, living out allowance and excellent benefits. Compensation levels vary with position, experience and qualifications.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $24.50 to $37.50 /hour
- Natural Resource Management: 1 year (Required)