Who are we?
From pioneer to leader in the security industry, Genetec has always been committed to providing the most innovative solutions. Today, we offer world-class IP security solutions with our unified security platform encompassing license plate recognition (LPR), video surveillance and access control. Genetec has been recognized as one of Montreal’s top employers for 13 years running
As a key member of the Production team, the Senior Operations Analyst will contribute to the improvement of processes related to the operations of the growing AutoVu product line. The candidate will also be responsible for purchasing, managing inventory levels and maintaining production schedules with contract manufacturers for AutoVu product line.
What will your day look like?
- Manage vendor relationships (expedites, quality issues)
- Manage delivery schedules with suppliers and subcontractors
- Source new vendors to improve cost of goods (COG’s) and secure availability of material while understanding impacts.
- Provide guidance with supply chain opportunities in manufacturing (pricing, supply, etc.)
- Perform quarterly reviews with vendors for performance and pricing
- Establish optimal inventory strategies and recommend course of action to AutoVu management team
- Resolving back order situation or critical deadline deliveries
- Assess and manage inventory levels and COG’s in the different warehouses to ensure continuity of supply
- Manage purchasing for product introductions, EOL and excess material
- Analyze sales forecast and backorders reports to ensure availability of products
- Liaise with sales, customer service and suppliers to provide delivery dates and shipping information
- Assist the team in mapping and improving the processes in the supply chain
- Coordinate and handle administrative tasks as they relate to the above responsibilities (accounts payable, transaction corrections, etc.)
- Place purchase orders, ensuring a continuous availability of products and on-time delivery to customers
Who are you?
- 5 to 10 years of relevant experience, ideally in the electronics industry;
- A bachelor’s degree in operations management, logistics, business, information systems or equivalent experience in a related discipline
- Demonstrate ability to negotiate with partners
- Driven personality and autonomous
- Result oriented and tolerance for stress
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical skills and ability to synthesize information
- Ability in mapping processes
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (intermediate to advance)
- Bilingual (English and French) both spoken and written
- Experience in supply chain management in the electronics industries (purchasing, NPI and logistics)
- Good knowledge of the electronics vendors and distributors
- Overall understanding of the manufacturing process in electronics (assembly, mechanical, metal, etc.)
- Strong computer skills, the ability to learn and use multiple and diverse information technology tools in different environments
- Knowledge of ERP tools (i.e. SAP, Microsoft Dynamics, JDE)
Why you'll love Genetec
- Attractive compensation package
- Work-life balance
- Flexible working schedule
- Free, unlimited Starbucks coffee
- Private free parking for all emloyees
- Onsite gym