Mahdi Weinstock LLP is seeking an Legal Assistant/Law Clerk to join our growing law office in midtown Toronto.
We are looking for a candidate who is highly organized, responsible, works well independently in a fast-paced environment with ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for:
- Providing administrative support including document preparation, calendaring and scheduling meetings, and working directly with clients;
- Complete and edit correspondence, forms and other documents;
- Schedule and confirm appointments;
- Determine and establish office procedures and routines;
- 1-2 years related work experience in a similar support role in a professional services environment
- University level education;
- Advanced computer skills with programs such as Adobe Acrobat Professional functionality; use of Internet Browsers; and Microsoft Office Suite 2010 (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint);
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment, operate independently and be disciplined in achieving work goals with minimum supervision;
- Excellent editing and writing skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to communicate fluently in Arabic would be an asset;
- Demonstrated interested in Immigration law would be an asset.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $20.00 /hour
- English (Required)
- Arabic (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)