At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We’re a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence. Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we’ve grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter–from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
Overview of the Role:
Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, this position is responsible for picking and packing orders in the refrigerated warehouse, including inspection for damaged product, accurate and timely completion of documentation and good housekeeping.
How you will make contributions that matter:
· Focus on quality and customer satisfaction while complying with all policies and procedures of the Health and Safety and Food Safety program regulations
· Complete all processes related to the picking and packing of customer orders while maintaining accuracy and efficiency
· Safe operation of Material Handling Equipment (MHE) including Forklift, Walkie, Raymond Reach, Scissor Lift, Palletizer and Box Former
· Packaging of milk products into corrugate boxes according to customer requirements
· Inspecting completed orders for accuracy, product integrity and code dates; completing documentation as required
· Maintain a clean and organized work area;
· Other responsibilities as assigned.
You are best suited for the role if you have the following qualifications:
- Warehouse/Forklift experience an asset; Familiar with processes and tasks in the VDC Warehouse
- Attendance and punctuality record in good standing
- No presence performance or behavioural issues
- Accuracy, attention to detail, and good communication skills
- Must have open availability -Flexible to work different shifts is an asset including afternoons, midnights and weekends
- Ability to perform physically demanding work; lifting to 40kg
- Team player, but can also work independently
We support and care for our employees and their families by providing:
· Competitive salaries
- Advantageous corporate agreements
- Health and wellness program in the workplace
- Assistance program for employees and their families
- Saputo products at a discounted price
· We support employment equity. Saputo strives to embed diversity and inclusion in its operations and invites candidates from all horizons to join its family.
Saputo welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations up to the point of undue hardships, are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From $23.50 per hour
- 10 hour shift
- Evening shift