M&T GLASS proudly supporting residential and commercial clients in Ottawa and Eastern Ontario for more than 50 years and widely recognized as an industry service leader. We specialize in onsite residential and commercial, glass, mirror, window, hardware and, custom shower installations.
We are currently looking for an energetic and detail oriented General Manager to manage our day-to-day operations.
The Employee shall perform diligently and conscientiously those duties as are customarily rendered by and required of a General Manager and as the Company may reasonably require from time to time. The employee agrees to perform the duties prescribed below to the best of his ability and to the satisfaction of the Company. The Employee further agrees to devote substantially all his time and attention and energies to the business of the Company in the performance of his duties and responsibilities. The Employee shall be responsible for the coordination of the service department and its employees. The Employee shall support all aspects of customer’s requirements as they relate to current, past and future business.
The Employee shall continue acquiring new industry knowledge and technologies to ensure personal and corporate growth.
Main Responsibilities: (Without limiting the generality of the foregoing)
- General Manager of all operations including purchasing, hiring and termination of employees, mediation of employee disputes, safety program coordinator, preparing job descriptions, preparing Employment Agreements, supervising all employees, organizing and attending monthly staff meetings, motivating employees, organizing staff to ensure minimal interruption during employee absences.
- Creating and implementing policy and procedure guidelines for dealing with employees and customers.
- Ensuring sufficient counter staff are on duty and available at all times to serve customers.
- Attending to serving customers at the counter when sufficient counter staff are not available.
- Dealing with customer complaints.
- Acting as liaison between the Company and the Workplace Safety Insurance Board
- And the Ontario Labour Board.
- Collecting unpaid accounts including prosecution of claims in Small Claims Court to
- recover unpaid amounts.
- Daily prioritization, dispatch, management and follow-up of trucks and service staff
- Liaise with suppliers and purchasing on materials required to complete jobs.
- Liaise with customers as required (scheduling of jobs, create & prepare quotes, work orders, invoices, answering of inquiries & obtaining payment).
- Work with showroom staff and estimators to facilitate customer requirements and communicate that information effectively to service personnel
- Cost and close work orders.
- Provide direction to, train and supervise service personnel.
- Daily reconciliation of timecards with work orders.
- Weekly reconciliation of timecards for payroll.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills - sales and/or working with the public experience required.
- Technical mind with building trade experience including knowledge of both Metric & Imperial units of measurement.
- Proficiency with Microsoft operating system(s) and various components of Microsoft Office
- The ability to work well in a team setting
- Forward thinking mindset with a strong desire for personal growth (we like to promote from within)
- The ability to solve problems and come up with solutions
- Available for occasional Saturday sales shifts on a rotating schedule.
- Works well within a team and able to perform under pressure
- Has a firm but fair approach
- Can manage technicians
- Has a customer-service focus
- MUST have a valid driver’s licence
Assets / good to have:
- Previous work experience in construction companies or glass manufacturers.
- Experience with estimating various construction jobs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 3 years (Required)
- Cost Control: 1 year (Preferred)
- Construction Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Staff Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sales Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- general manager: 3 years (Preferred)
- Driver's Licence (Preferred)