Edwards Mechanical Contracting Ltd. (EMCL) is a premier mechanical contractor that is backed by over 33 years of international experience. EMCL is focused on the Industrial, Commercial, and Institutional (ICI) market sectors in the Greater Vancouver Area. Our objective is to leverage and integrate this experience to create and implement innovative solutions for our clients.
Edwards Mechanical is seeking a Senior Bookkeeper/Accountant, to join our growing team. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter, and results oriented with the ability to excel in a fast paced and challenging environment.
EMCL’s future success depends on creating a collaborative and cooperative culture that strives to uphold our core values. The culture, values by which EMCL conducts itself is crucial to customer relationships and sustainability. Therefore EMCL puts a considerable focus on engaging employees that conduct themselves with similar virtues. The expectation is that all employees will endeavor to uphold EMCL’s Vision, Mission, and Values.
EMCL vision is to be a leader in providing excellence in quality and customer service through innovative mechanical solutions.
EMCL designs, builds and installs prefabricated mechanical assemblies/modules for the ICI market in the GVA.
We provide professional project management services to direct qualified tradespeople, schedule, coordinate and commission mechanical systems at competitive prices.
Our innovative solutions approach is targeted to serve owners, general contractors, construction managers, and consultants. Through our innovative prefabrication approach in the ICI market we are continually striving to create a competitive advantage, while providing the highest quality at competitive prices.
We are committed to growing the sales and profits of the organization in a controlled manner in order to increase shareholder value and to contribute to society, our employees, customers and the local communities.
Integrity: Conducting our personal actions and business with integrity instills trust and confidence with our clients, customers, and employees. Developing long-term client/employee relationships is a core business value that will ensure sustainability, repeat business, referrals, and a long term client base.
Quality: Meeting and exceeding customer/client expectations create value for the recipient of the service rendered. Providing quality service at competitive prices focuses on increasing value to the customers while differentiating our service offering from our competitors.
Service: Providing quality service means being prompt, courteous and on budget. Keeping the customers informed throughout the service process heightens the level of service offering and creates a positive experience for the customer. In that the mechanical contracting industry is highly competitive, creating differentiating factors can create a competitive advantage.
Competency: Empowering and entrusting employees to carry out mechanical system installations/modifications in occupied ICI facilities requires a high competency level. Employing competent tradespeople/supervision is now an industry safety requirement. Worker competency ensures work is carried out in a safe manner and that the installations meet the design and regulatory code requirements.
Skills: Employing highly skilled workers educated and trained in their respective trade discipline (i.e. Plumbing, Steamfitting, etc.) supports the highest level of service offering that the business is providing.
The expectations of the role will include but are not limited to the following:
· Prepare & track project budgets and monthly project financial forecasting
· Enter client project change orders in Sage and prepare related subcontractor change orders
· Record A/P and A/R transactions into Sage
· Prepare cash flow projections and bank reconciliation
· Prepare and post monthly & year end journal entries
· Ensure employee timecard hours are accurate coded and entered into Payroll System.
· Prepare cheques with back up for signing
· Run payroll
· Track Hold Back receivables and follow up with client for payment
· Prepare monthly financial statements and analysis for review
· Assist in creating the annual budget and variance analysis
· Any additional assigned tasks as required
· Maintains accounting controls in accordance with company policies and procedures
· Maintain data base backups.
· Maintain employee benefit program
· Maintain internal financial security controls.
· Prepare supporting year end documents
· Assist with general office management duties, including but not limited to managing and updating our Web site, management of office supplies, etc.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Qualifications, Requirements & Education
· Must be proficient with Sage accounting software
· Related construction experience is preferred
· 5 plus years professional Mechanical contracting/industry related accounting experience preferred
· Proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
· Strong attention to detail
· Able to work with minimum supervision and be self-motivated
· Team player with strong interpersonal skill
· Solid organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, and respond effectively to changing priorities
· Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
This position offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent