PLEASE NOTE YOU MUST CURRENTLY RESIDE IN VANCOUVER, BC OR SURROUNDING AREA'S IN ORDER TO BE ELIGABLE FOR POSITION.
The Century Plaza Hotel, a downtown full service 240 room hotel is looking for full time and part time Housekeeping Staff / Room Attendants to join our team.
Working closely with other members of the Housekeeping Team and your attentiveness, efficiency and commitment will ensure our guest rooms are cleaned to the highest standard, and that our guests feel valued.
We are looking both for full time day housekeepers and afternoon housekeeper (1PM till 9 PM) Must be available some weekend days.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clean and service rooms according to standards as required;
- Properly use and care for all equipment and tools used to perform duties;
- Report to the Executive Housekeeper or Housekeeping Supervisor as required.
- Report all maintenance deficiencies in rooms and surrounding areas;
- Monitor and control supplies and amenities, and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping;
- Focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times;
- Work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision;
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- At least 1 year previous Hotel Housekeeping department experience;
- Experience working with minimal supervision;
- Friendly and hospitality focused;
- Highly responsible and reliable;
- Must adhere to the appearance and grooming policy;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Fluent in the English language;
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities ;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time;
We offer an excellent wage, and for full-time employees (30+ hours per week) we offer a benefits package which takes effect following 6 month probationary period.
Only candidates who are legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered.
We thank all who apply, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $22.00-$24.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
PPE is provided to all our staff, and regular cleaning and sanitization of public areas takes place on the property.