Founded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 11,000 employees, who work in more than 90 production units located in North America and Europe. With its management philosophy, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous efforts in research and development as driving forces, Cascades continues to deliver the innovative products that customers have come to rely on.
CASCADES CONTAINERBOARD PACKAGING
The Containerboard Packaging Group, a division of Cascades, is the largest containerboard producer in Canada, and is also a top converter of corrugated products in the country. The Group manufactures a wide range of products made from recycled fibres for its North American customers in the food, beverage and consumer products sectors, among many others. The Division, which employs close to 3,400 people, owns six containerboard mills and nineteen corrugated products plants in Canada and the United States.
Cascades Containerboaud Packaging is currently looking for a skilled and motivated Millwright to join the maintenance team based out of our Vaughan, ON location.
For an experienced Millwright with ticket, the wages are at $36 per hour
The Company also provides employees a full benefits package (includes extended health, dental, vision care, life insurance, etc.).
An RRSP is also available for all employees.
Profit Sharing after 1 year
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, a Millwright will be responsible for;
- Work in safe manner at all times
- Install, examine, replace or repair machines in a timely manner
- Perform preventative maintenance to equipment as required, including minor electrical repairs and welding
- Adhere to maintenance schedule/plan – make recommendations for optimizing schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals.
- Read and interpret drawings and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, cable assemblies, lightning fixtures and other possible electrical components
- Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, hydraulic and pneumatic electrical control systems
- Use proper lockout/ tag out procedures when required, never allowing a machine to be operated without proper guarding or when the possibility of injury is evident
- Pre risk job assessments before any uncommon task
Millwright, Industrial Maintenance Mechanic or related post-secondary education
Valid 433A License
Valid G Class License is an asset
Preferred candidates have; Ability to provide own tools necessary to perform maintenance tasks; Forklift, scissor lift, welding and other related certification
The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 100 poundsPrior work experience in a similar role is required and previous experience in the corrugated industry will be considered an asset
Must be available to work on Continental shifts (rotating 12 hours shifts)
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner.
Use of the masculine in our communications refers equally to both men and women.
Hydraulics, Electrical, Welding, Warehouse, Manufacturing, Engineering