Hallmark's core business is greeting cards, but there's much more to us that just that. Our product range includes gift wrap, ornaments, keepsakes and home décor. We distribute and sell social expression products that help consumers create, celebrate and connect. We play to win with our retailers and consumers. It's an exciting time to work for Hallmark!
A Hallmark Retail Merchandiser maintains the Hallmark Canada department in assigned stores, including ordering, receiving and merchandising of product in accordance with master schedule and merchandising plan. They maintain inventories, participates in the in-store execution of revisions and renovations in assigned accounts, and new store installations as well.
Are you looking for a part-time job? This may be the job for you!
The Hallmark Retail Merchandiser is responsible for...
Talented Retail Merchandisers demonstrate the following:
- receiving and safely storing product according to Hallmark and account requirements.
- merchandising Hallmark product by following a merchandising plan, productivity standards and the schedule provided.
- ensuring displays are full by moving product according to allowable guidelines and orders replacement product as required in accordance with inventory guidelines.
- processes returns of all unsaleable/out of season product.
- services in assigned stores in accordance with scheduling requirements for seasonal change-outs.
- attending store audits as necessary.
- providing retail service in department revisions, remerchandising, relocations and new store installations for assigned stores.
- establishing collaborative and productive relationships with colleagues in support of optimal execution at retail.
- maintaining ongoing scheduled/unscheduled communication with manager to ensure current knowledge of upcoming programs and in-store activities.
- Knowledge -- Learn Hallmark products and program requirements, potential safety issues and correct handling of product/fixtures.
- Communication - Good verbal and written communication are essential to ensure clear understanding of requirements, goals and activities.
- Results-Oriented - Ability to understand priorities, timelines and desired outcomes, and act proactively to ensure goals are met.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- High school diploma
- Physical activity required to merchandise displays and handle inventory
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs regularly
- Access to a computer and a personal email address
- Experience in retail environment beneficial
- Work is performed in retail environments. Occasional, but infrequent, work in construction environments.