MENTAL HEALTH WORKER – FORENSICS SUPPORTIVE HOUSING
1 TEMPORARY FULL-TIME (70 HRS BI-WEEKLY, VARIABLE SCHEDULE)
THIS POSITION IS WITHIN OPSEU LOCAL 720 BARGAINING UNIT
START DATE: AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
END DATE: SEPTEMBER 30, 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE: APRIL 23, 2021
The Mental Health Worker – Forensics/Rent provides a range of supports to individuals who are being discharged from the Forensics Unit at the Thunder Bay Regional Hospital and require supportive housing support to facilitate stable housing.
1. Ability to work with clients’ needs within a recovery framework.
2. Ability to offer therapeutic life skills and recreational support to clients.
3. Implement client-centred supports using a harm reduction approach.
4. Knowledge of housing continuum, including supportive housing systems and addictions and related social services and how to access them.
5. Routinely assessing client’s health for potential problems, and developing and implementing a plan with the client to address any health related concerns.
6. Maintain relationships with local landlords and facilitate problem solving strategies that will help keep clients housed.
To view the full version of this posting online, please visit: https://thunderbay.cmha.ca/get-involved/careers-and-placements/
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume & three workplace supervisory references
CMHA Thunder Bay is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals including those with a lived experience, members of visible minorities, Indigenous peoples and persons with disabilities.
We thank all candidates for their interest in this position however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: 2021-04-23
Job Types: Temporary, Contract