Reporting to the Events Manager (Head Office) and the Director of Operations and Programming for Ontario (Provincial Office), the Event Coordinator- Ontario works closely with the other members of the Events team to complete all the projects and deliverables for the Ontario Future Education Festival. They are primarily responsible for coordinating the planning, development and execution of the annual event.
· Work with the Ontario and Québec teams to develop and plan the year-end event for all Ontario youth programming, including but not limited to some vendor selection, budget creation, ordering and purchasing, scheduling, promotion, and personnel coordination
· Organize the year-end event and manage all event details, including but not limited to décor, catering, entertainment, transportation, venue logistics, special guests, event speakers, equipment, promotional material, etc.
· Maintain and update the event planning info database of existing resources
· Ensure compliance with all insurance, licensing, and health and safety obligations
· Coordinate with external suppliers and supporting partners for event-related outcomes, including but not limited to supplier partnership development
· Support management in Ontario and Québec in event-related tasks, including links with the Partnerships Manager
· Develop post-event reports and promotional material for review and archival purposes
EDUCATION: Undergraduate or Graduate degree in Event planning Communications, Hospitality, or related field
QUALITIES: Proactive problem-solving skills, strong time management, deadline driven, multitasker, and effective team player
EXPERIENCE: 1 year in event planning position, with some graphic design capabilities (InDesign a plus), with some communications capabilities
LANGUAGES: Must be able to communicate in English, spoken French preferred
TECHNICAL SKILLS: Microsoft Office (especially Excel and Word), Photoshop or alternative digital media program
EMPLOYMENT PERIOD: Contract with option to renew
HOURS: 37.5hr/wk (5 day) full-time contract from January 27th to July 3rd, 2020
LOCATION: Downtown Toronto Office
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit all applications to vlee (at) youthfusion (dot) org. Only qualified candidates will be selected for interviews. Youth Fusion is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $22.50 /hour