BRINGING ICE TO LIFE SINCE 1979 - OFFERING CREATIVE AND CUSTOMIZED ARENA ICE SOLUTIONS
Jet Ice Limited is proud to be an all-Canadian company offering a complete range of products and services for the ice making industry. Jet Ice is the preferred supplier for sports organizations worldwide and the choice of the Winter Olympics since Canada hosted the games in Calgary in 1988. Jet Ice services customers from the corporate office in Newmarket, Ontario and their regional centre in Regina, Saskatchewan. The company is privately held and has a very strong financial position with zero debt.
Jet Ice Limited was founded by Doug Moore in 1979. As the Chief Engineer with Maple Leaf Gardens, Doug was responsible for the ice conditions for the Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey Club. He was a pioneer and transformed ice making into a craft and changed the future of the ice making industry. Doug was hands on and understood the specific needs of ice facilities around the globe and dedicated his life to educating and training rink managers.
Thanks to the dedication of Doug and his team Jet Ice is respected as the world leader in ice paints, ice painting, logo design and water treatment systems. His proven principles, concepts and theories remain best practice in the industry today.
Doug Moore was Canada’s Ice Man.
Products & Services
Jet Ice has an impressive range of professional quality products designed specifically for hockey and curling ice including:
· Ice Paint
o Jet Ice manufactures a premium line of quality ice paints specifically designed and carefully formulated for reliable use in the ice making industry.
· In-Ice Logos
o Produced in- house, Jet Ice textile logos are reusable and easy to install. High resolution print enhances sponsor brands providing a revenue stream for ice facilities.
· Spray Paint Packages
o Jet Ice spray paint packages are a simple and effective unit for applying white ice paint.
o Jet Ice offers a variety of accessories to assist facility operators with ice installation.
· Water Treatment
o The Pro-Ice System is specifically designed to provide high-quality water for the ice making industry.
· Full house and End-to-End
Position OPERATIONS DIRECTOR
Reports To President
Direct Reports 10 (Newmarket and Regina facility)
Total Number of Employees 35
Position Summary And Mandate
General Purpose: The Operation Director will be responsible for all aspects of equipment production, ice painting services, curling water treatment systems and the provision of back up to the Water Treatment Services Dept.
Nature and Scope: The Operations Director will be located at the Newmarket facility and will have several direct reports including staff in the liquid and white paint rooms, shipping and receiving, and the ice painting team. The Operations Director will be responsible for work scheduling, ice painting services scheduling, curling water treatment system regenerations and other duties. This a hands on working position.
Ice Painting Services:
· Providing support to the Lead Ice Technicians as needed
· Working closely with the Lead Ice Technicians to ensure all paint jobs are scheduled and covered with staff
Paint Equipment Production:
· Organization of the staff in the white and liquid paint rooms in order to meet the demands of the production schedule
· Equipment assembly — manage staffing to meet production demand schedules
Water Treatment Tank Regenerations/Tank Exchanges
· As required prepare water treatment tanks by completing the resin regeneration process in a safe and effective manner
· As required deliver water treatment tanks and complete tank exchanges on customer sites
· Coordinate with curling clubs as required
· Effectively promote the benefits of the treatment systems to achieve sales of the treatment rentals
· Responsible to train and effectively supervise his/her direct reports ensuring the highest quality and safety standards are being met
· Work closely with the Logistics Coordinator who assists with the scheduling of painting services and tank exchanges
· Ensure that all required annual and monthly reports are completed and submitted in a timely and accurate manner
· Working Conditions: Major portions of time will be spent in the plant located at the company's facility in Newmarket, ON. Normal working hours are Monday to Friday 8:00am 4:30pm with a scheduled lunch
· During the peak painting season, particularly the months of August, September and October, you will be expected to work additional hours
The Operations Director will be trained to fill-in for all production and process tasks performed at Jet Ice including the following ancillary activities;
· Shipping/Receiving: As required proved back-up for the Shipper/Receiver
· Water Treatment Coordinator: Understand the workings of the PRO Ice RO systems to be capable of providing full back-up to the Water Treatment Services Coordinator
Results Orientation and Agility
o Aligns resources to accomplish key objectives on time and on budget
o Can adapt to changing business and customer needs quickly
o Assigns clear accountability
o Motivates others to perform at their best
o Authentic and approachable style suitable for a manufacturing environment
Developing and Empowering
o Offers constructive feedback, encouragement and develops team
o Delegates work and encourages individual initiative
o Expresses ideas clearly and concisely
o Excellent verbal and written communication
o Disseminates information about decisions, plans and activities
Education and Mandatory Experience:
Warehousing / Production / WHMIS / Logistics / Distribution / Material and Inventory Management/Working knowledge of Ontario Health & Safety Act/Bondable
An undergraduate university or, relevant college degree is required
Valid Ontario driver license (no more than 1 minor traffic offence)
Valid Canadian Passport
Ability to lift 50lbs repetitively
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $100,000.00 to $130,000.00 /year