(3 Month Contract)
Competition # 2020-13
The Town of Penetanguishene is looking for an Equipment Operator to join our team on a temporary, seasonal contract. Under the direction of the Roads Supervisor, the Equipment Operator will be responsible for operating equipment associated with road and sewer maintenance.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Operates various machinery and equipment such as a backhoe, hot-patch trailer, bucket truck, shovel, pick, broom, chipper, chain saw, power hand tools, sewer camera, locating tools, rental equipment and various loaders and trackless attachments. Floating or transporting equipment when required.
- Rakes leaves, sweeps sidewalks, collects garbage, cuts grass and removes trees.
- Repairs asphalt and paves surfaces by hot-melt patching, chips and coal or masonry and cement work. Performs ditching and grading.
- Repairs and installs sanitary sewers, catch basins, and storm sewers. Conducts sewer locates, inspection and video camera inspections.
- Performs minor maintenance tasks related to vehicles and equipment (i.e. greasing, oiling, changing cutting edges on blades and changing light bulbs).
- Responds to complaints and requests for service from the public, Council and other Departments.
- Secondary School completion.
- Must have a valid Class DZ Drivers Licence.
- Ability to operate multiple but related pieces of equipment is a requirement.
- Chainsaw Cutters license would be considered an asset.
- Confined Space Entry Certificate would be considered an asset.
- Current First Aid/CPR Certificate would be considered an asset.
- Bilingualism (English & French) would be considered an asset.
- Requires good computer skills.
- Must have excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must recognize when matters are confidential and exhibit discretion.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety related legislation is required.
Working Conditions: This position works mainly outdoors with some exposure to physical hazards. May be subject to working in inclement weather and performs heavy manual labour/physical effort. Must be available to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
Compensation: The current rate of pay for this position is $24.05 per hour, plus 4% vacation pay, based on a 40 hour work week.
Interested individuals are asked to forward their resume and cover letter, clearly marked Equipment Operator no later than 4:30 p.m. on July 15, 2020.
Reference ID: 2020-13
Contract length: 3 months
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $24.05 per hour