“The start date of this job is flexible and in order to find the best candidate the job may remain open much longer than the date mentioned on this posting…..or you may be asked to start sooner than the expected start date if you are able to do so!”
URGENT: Please read the job description below. If this interests you, please send a MS-Word version copy of your updated resume (ASAP) along with your salary expectations, first available date and a telephone contact number
Please mention the job title above in the subject line
The recruiter in charge of this role is Prakash
If you do not think you are a match for this opportunity, but know someone who is, feel free to forward this email to them and you will be eligible for a referral bonus upon a successful hire.
One of our well-established printing and consulting clients is looking for a(n) Electronics Service Technician
Length: Contract term is 12 months
Location: London, ON
- A FTSR is accountable for servicing and repairing a variety of printing products
- Performs full range of maintenance on small desktop/convenience copiers, printers and MFD's including technical diagnostics, software loads, print driver installs, network installations, removal, retrofit and customer call assistance.
- Corrects service problems within the assigned products with some assistance, as required
- Provides customer training on assigned products in accordance with current field procedures.
- Communicates clearly and confidently with the customer both written and orally as required.
- Adheres to documented escalation procedures to resolve customer issues.
- Provides time and materials (T&M) customers with T&M estimates, complete approved service activities and process completed Technical Service Billing Explanation (TSBE) paperwork through admin.
- Attends and satisfactorily complete required training programs within prescribed timeframes (including on-line courses, as required).
- Responsible for supportive participation in team meetings and adherence to agree upon practices and principles developed by the workgroup.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
Required technical skills
- Must have a solid understanding of electromechanical systems and be able to troubleshoot to the component level using diagnostic processes and test equipment.
- Planning & Organising - Plans and organises work effectively in order to meet work objectives and deliver ongoing quality services to the customer
- Problem Solving - The ability to analyze issues and to find resolution to problems by using a rational, systematic approach
- Relationship Management - Build and maintain effective relationships with clients, partners, peers, supervisors, subordinates and other internal company staff.
- Service Operations Awareness - The ability to effectively deliver services to clients promoting continuous improvement of productivity, service quality and customer satisfaction
- Possess a valid (full) driver’s license (the license may not include restrictions) and a satisfactory driving record as determined (note that all individuals whose job responsibilities may include driving are subject to periodic motor vehicle records checks). (Mileage will be reimbursed)
- Ability and willingness to work variable hours (extended hours, weekends, on call, abbreviated work week)
Qualifications/ Education / Experience Desired:
- Minimum: High School Diploma / GED (classes and experience with computers, electronics, mechanics, etc. is desired)
- Preferred: College Diploma / Associate Degree (technical field) or equivalent certification with less than 1 year working experience.
- 1-3 years of experience as a Customer Service Engineer in an on-site break-fix role.
- Industry certifications such as A+, N+, PDI+ are will be an asset
- Background check will be required before start date
Please note that this is the most up to date version of job description available at this time – During Client Interview you will receive additional information – variance may apply !
Please visit the TEAMRECRUITER website to review other CAREER OPPORTUNITIES!
Job Type: Contract