World leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 80 countries with approximately 68,000 employees and serves more than 3 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902. Air Liquide’s ambition is to be the leader in its industry, delivering long-term performance and acting responsibly.
For over 100 years, Air Liquide Canada has offered its employees:
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Recognition programs
- Numerous career development opportunities
- Innovative technological projects
The main object and purpose of this position consists in continuously monitoring inventory accuracy, investigating root causes of inventory discrepancies, putting in place the means of control ensuring the control of the inventories and leading physical inventory periodically. He/She ensures an optimal flow of the cylinder inventory in the ERP by taking proactive and correctives actions to prevent any inventory issues that could impact production planning and stock level in the region.
Daily Monitoring of the cylinder inventory process:
- Extract various reports in R12 to analyse inventory integrity and monitor all aspects of inventory process through daily KPIs.
- Works closely with logistics, satellites, production and admin teams to ensure they do their part in the inventory process (doc closure, filling errors fix, etc…) to prevent unjustified inventory adjustments.
- Investigate and identify the root cause of inventory variances or inventory adjustments and provide inventory management process recommendations for ongoing improvements.
- Manage stock receptions (vendor transactions at the plants). Make sure of transfer documents integrity. Fix barcode errors to avoid transferring wrong data to inventory.
- Perform inventory adjustments when needed after investigating on variances and add clear justifications by satellites requesting the adjustment.
Analyses weekly and monthly inventory KPIs:
- Create and update on a daily/weekly basis of inventory management key performance indicators.
- Proactively communicate the gaps to the teams involved (logistics, production, admin, etc.)
- Produce end-of-month inventory control dashboard including comments on key areas to apply management actions.
- Ensure the distribution and communication of results to all process owners (plant, admin, logistics) and the regional manager.
Perform physical monthly inventory count and cycle count:
- Coordinate and manage physical inventory counts and cycle counts for the region.
- Coordinate and manage the yearly depot & distributor inventory audit in collaboration of sales teams and the agents, customer assets management.
- Update and upload the inventory count in R12.
Act as SME (subject matter expert) on inventory processes:
- Provide training to satellites, logistics and plants teams on how to fix errors in the inventory process or on areas of improvements in cases of huge inventory discrepancies detected.
- Act as a Servitrax champion for the region (all processes involved: pick-up, P&D, transfer, filling, etc.) to ensure inventory accuracy at each step of the cylinder supply chain process.
Set inventory stock target:
- Run the ROP to set-up optimal stock level for each store as per the assets requirement plan given by the regionals assets manager.
Continuous improvement on inventory processes:
- Develop processes and tools to improve inventory controls, accuracy and accountability. Provide necessary information to optimize and standardize the cylinder supply chain process.
- Improves health and safety within the workplace. Actively promotes ALC’s safety objectives. Knows and respects all procedures indicated in ALC’s Quality Manual. Ensures that proper corrective and preventative actions are in place following customer complaints.
- Post-secondary diploma preferably in logistics and/or supply chain;
- Inventory control experience;
- Good knowledge of Excel;
- Experience working with Oracle would be an asset;
- Great coordination and communication skills;
- Bilingual in French and English is required.
Thank you for your interest. Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information on our job opportunities, visit our Career page at:
Air Liquide Canada adheres to an employment equity program and strives to create a stimulating and open workplace that fosters fairness, respect and diversity.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- inventory control: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- French and English (Required)