- Welcoming customers, answering their questions,
- Operating scanners, scales, cash registers, and other electronics.
- Balancing the cash register and generating reports for credit and debit sales.
- Accepting payments, ensuring all prices and quantities are accurate and proving a receipt to every customer.
- Processing refunds and exchanges, resolving complaints.
- Bagging or wrapping purchases to ensure safe transport.
- Following all store procedures regarding coupons, gift cards, or the purchase of specific items, such as alcohol or cigarettes.
- Maintaining a clean workspace.
Please note that this is a very fast phased environment and we are looking for responsible personnel who can work independently without any supervision.
Cashier experience in supermarket or other retail will be extra asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00-$17.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North York, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Cashiering: 1 year (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)