McNaught Cadillac Buick GMC
At AutoCanada we are passionate about our business, our customers and our talent! We are cultivating a culture of excellence and aspire to be best-in-class in the industry. We know that to be successful we need the best people. We aim to be the destination for top talent and are committed to hiring the best people to curate exceptional experiences for our customers. We strive to provide our employees with meaningful and challenging work, an engaging and collaborative environment, recognition for performance and opportunities for growth and advancement.
What We Offer
- Competitive wages
- Health and dental benefits
- Premier dealership setting
- A positive vibrant team environment
- An opportunity to be part of an exciting, growing business!
McNaught Cadillac Buick GMC is an AutoCanada Dealership. We are looking for a reliable, motivated, customer focused individual to join our team as a Lot Attendant! Reporting to the General Sales Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining and managing the sales lot. Our Lot Attendants assist in ensuring the sales vehicle lot is inviting to our valued clients. The Lot Attendants are responsible for keeping vehicles clean and orderly and preparing vehicles for delivery to the client.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Maintain the vehicle lot and guest parking areas, including snow removal.
- Keep vehicle lot neat and orderly, moving cars as required and in accordance with company standards.
- Wash, fuel, and detail client vehicles as required.
- Assist with inventory management.
- Assist with licensing.
- Oversee mechanical reconditioning.
- Oversee detail reconditioning.
- Provide an exceptional customer service experience to our valued clients.
- Maintain showroom presentation including cleaning, sweeping, and various other maintenance activities as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Working towards competition or completion of a high school and diploma or GED.
- Some work experience in the automotive sector or related industry, which includes washing and cleaning vehicles.
- Good time management skills.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to follow instructions carefully.
- Strong background in customer service and a desire to exceed client expectations.
- Ability to multitask and set priorities as well as work independently.
- Ability to learn and follow processes.
- Must have a strong work ethic while remaining punctual and reliable.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record.
- Must be able to operate both manual and automatic transmissions.
- Willingness and ability to work outside in all-weather conditions.
We offer competitive total compensation, meaningful and challenging work, an engaging and collaborative environment, recognition for performance and opportunities for growth and advancement.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.autocan.ca. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. AutoCanada is committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture, as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
AutoCanada is a multi-location automotive dealership group operating in both Canada and the United States. Our model enables us to serve a diversified geographic customer base and enjoy benefits not available to single location dealerships. AutoCanada trades under the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ACQ. The multi-location dealership model enables AutoCanada to serve a diversified geographic customer base providing a range of services to customers including new and used vehicle sales, financing, leasing, automotive service and repair, collision repair, and parts sales. Founded in 2006, AutoCanada has expanded significantly and continues to grow. Today, customers are served by more than 4,200 employees comprised of automotive service technicians, sales experts, and support staff from offices across Canada.