PUC Services Inc. operates multiple utilities within and around the City of Sault Ste. Marie, including the supply, treatment and distribution of municipal drinking water, the distribution of electricity, and the operation of wastewater treatment facilities.
PUC offers a dynamic, challenging and rewarding work environment that encourages collaboration and innovative thinking. We are seeking an Energy Project Specialist, funded through the NRCan Energy Manager Program, to join our PUC team on a 9-month contract. This position will be responsible for the identification, implementation, and reporting of energy saving opportunities, including researching new funding opportunities across PUC facilities to reduce consumption and our carbon footprint.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Conservation & Demand Management (CDM) and as a member of the Management Team, the Energy Project Specialist will be primarily responsible for:
- Energy Tracking & Monitoring – Conduct ASHRAE Level 1 and Level II on-site audits and provide a database of energy tracking and monitoring for each Facility/process to capture energy consumption and electrical load inventory;
- Energy Saving opportunities & Action Plan – Identify, assess and recommend energy saving opportunity projects and prepare business cases to justify capital expenditures;
- Project Implementation & Electrical Energy Savings – Coordinate the planning, budgeting, design and implementation of energy-saving projects;
- Implement measurement and verification strategies on projects as required for CDM and PUC Services;
- Work to create and foster a sustainable culture and promote a culture of conservation and efficiency; and
- Assist in the completion of all required reporting.
- Preference for a professional designation as a Certified Engineering Technician / Technologist (CET) or a Certified Energy Manager (CEM). A University Degree in Engineering with a Professional Designation (P. Eng) is an asset;
- Minimum of five years’ experience in energy conservation, energy management, and/or energy engineering;
- Experience using advanced statistical methods and data applications including pivot tables, CUSUM analysis, weather normalization, and portfolio energy financial reporting;
- Knowledge of energy conservation business case preparation;
- Strong knowledge & experience with HVAC, building automation and control systems;
- Good working knowledge of electrical & mechanical systems;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Experience presenting information to all levels of management;
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint with the ability to use spreadsheets and data analysis applications;
- Ability to multi-task and effectively organize responsibilities;
- Self-starter, team player, with the ability to bring alternate points of view to the discussion and analysis;
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills;
- Must have a valid Ontario driver’s license and reliable vehicle; and
- Ability to travel within Canada
PUC Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Contract length: 9 months
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- in energy conservation, energy management: 5 years (Preferred)