Onica is an APN Premier Consulting Partner. As a full spectrum AWS integrator we assist hundreds of companies to realize the value, efficiency, and productivity of the cloud. We take customers on their journey to enable, operate, and innovate using cloud technologies – from migration strategy to operational excellence and immersive transformation.
If you like a challenge, you'll love it here, because we're solving complex business problems every day, building and promoting great technology solutions that impact our customers' success. The best part is, we're committed to you and your growth, both professionally and personally.
We are looking for a dynamic person who thrives on working on multiple projects dealing with a variety of layers and technologies. Our ideal candidate is resourceful, flexible, and self-motivated. You will be joining a tight dedicated team implementing and managing clients using AWS technology.
What you'll be doing
- Technical liaison between customers and support teams
- Be an AWS evangelist by educating a variety of customers on the value of AWS
- Establish credibility and build impactful relationships with our customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Participate in deep architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new, or migrating existing, applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
- Lead the design, development, and deployment of business software at scale
- Conduct deep-dive "hands-on" education/training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers interested in AWS
- Capture and share industry best practices amongst the Onica community
- Author and contribute to Onica and AWS' customer-facing publications such as whitepapers, tutorials, blog posts, etc.
- Attend and present valuable information at Industry Events
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in roles like release & build operations, DevOps, managed large-scale infrastructure, etc.
- Strong experience with deploying and managing SaaS and other hosted products and environments
- Proven knowledge of networking concepts and services for security, reliability, and scalability
- Hands-on experience building and managing virtualized environments – AWS experience is a big asset
- Hands-on experience with a breadth of technologies across operating systems, application servers, database and middleware infrastructure – being comfortable with both Linux and Windows environments is required
- Proven knowledge of software architectures for performance, scalability and high availability – experience developing and deploying software products is a very strong asset.
- Strong scripting skills – deployment automation and configuration management experience along with experience working with tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, and Salt are strong assets.
- Proven technical leadership with experience in dealing directly with customers or clients along with coordinating a small team of IT and/or software engineers and contractors is advantageous to the role
- The ability to present solutions to Clients and software teams at various stages from sales to implementation.
What's in It for You
- Cloud community-minded, meetups/conferences around North America
- Generous vacation policy
- Professional Development & Training
- Cell reimbursement and wellness program
- Retirement plan
- Recognition program
- Flexible work environment
- Community involvement and activities
- Unlimited snacks and beverages!
If you get a thrill working with cutting-edge technology and love to help solve customers' problems, we'd love to hear from you. It's time to rethink the possible. Are you ready?