Guest Services Manager
Front Desk, Reservation, & Concierge Team at Killarney mountain Lodge and Sportsman’s Inn
WORKS COOPERATIVELY WITH:
Destination Killarney Management Team
Describe the major purpose of the job, including the primary responsibilities and the department’s mission/purpose.
The Guest Services Manager is responsible for providing guests with professional and superior guest service. They will oversee the daily operation of the Guest Services team (Front Desk, Reservations & Activities) of both Killarney Mountain Lodge and the Sportsman’s Inn in a safe and healthy manner and to participate in efficient pre-arrival, arrival and departure tasks and assist in resolving guest concerns. Focus is on training and daily management of the Guest Services team.
Describe the responsibilities and frequency (daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly)
- Review and monitor processes in collaboration with the Destination Killarney Management Team Destination Killarney Standard of Excellence for Front Desk, Concierge and Reservations.
- Review and monitor guest relationship management strategies within the Guest Services team to meet and/or exceed guest expectations.
- Responsible for training, scheduling and daily management.
- Responsible for the data completeness, accuracy and handling of our guest records.
- Creates daily reservation, occupancy and financial reports with the applicable marketing data surrounding our guests (e.g. source of reservation, etc.)
- Responds to guest requests and complaints.
- Provide guests with information about the lodge, Inn and surrounding area.
- Completes shift audits as required.
- Check all unresolved departures and balances owing on a daily basis to ensure accurate front desk receivable balance.
- Responsible for daily invoicing of receptours and monthly third party booking engine invoicing.
- Track utilization of guest deposit and gift certificate redemption.
- Prepares commission report for accounting at month end for each property.
- Ensures all guest services standards exceed expectations.
- Tracks service issues and guest complaints.
- Review service requests for arrivals.
- Oversee special requests as they relate to our guest experience
- Respond to telephone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from clients, business partners, and other parties.
- Promote teamwork, employee motivation, and morale.
- Provide information to staff and/or guests about special activities.
- Works Front Desk or Reservation shifts as dictated by business levels.
- Administers performance management for the department and conducts employee reviews
- May be required to work Manager on Duty shifts in absence of Executive Management Team.
- Performs other duties as required as assigned by the Executive Management Team
COMMUNICATION/INFLUENCING OTHERS (Contacts)
Describe the internal and external contacts of the job, and the nature of the communication required to perform the job, as well as any confidential information that is accessed or communicated.
The Guest Services Manager communicates internally with all departments and externally with all guests on property and on the phone.
Describe whether this position provides service internally or externally, including how key relationships with current/potential stakeholders are cultivated.
This position requires strong customer service skills, must be able to listen carefully and have the ability to multitask.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE (Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills)
Provide the minimum or mandatory education and experience requirements to successfully perform the job, including licenses and certifications.
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
- 2-3 years of experience as a Hotel Front Desk Clerk or Reservations Agent
- 1-2 years Front Desk Manager or Guest Services manager experience
- Experience in all aspects of customer service and people management
- Demonstrated ability to lead and direct a team
- Strong working knowledge of hospitality industry principles, methods, practices, and techniques
- Ability to supervise employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Strong working knowledge of accounting practices and principles
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of guests and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required
- Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
SUPERVISION & BUDGET AUTHORITY
Indicate the number of team members this position supervises at peak, if any. Indicate how many of these positions are permanent year-round, and how many are seasonal.
- Must adhere to strict budget guidelines when scheduling and monitoring daily hours
- Oversees a team of 6-15 people
Describe the physical setting of the job. For example is the environment noisy, very noisy, confined spaces, hot, cold, outdoor work, etc.
- Environment can be fast paced and noisy
Describes the essential physical demands of the job and how much time is spent doing each of the physical activities.
- Job requires you to be on your feet 80 - 100% of your shift.
- Able to perform extensive walking, bending, kneeling, lifting, reaching and stretching.
- Able to lift 25 pounds. Lifting, carrying and reaching up to 25% of time.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, sometimes noisy environment
Single Accommodation at a nominal fee
Meal on shift
Staff activity program
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $45,000.00 /year
- Front Desk: 3 years (Preferred)
- Front Desk Management: 2 years (Preferred)