Eksa’OKon: ’ a Childcare Centre has extended its service hours and is looking for individuals who enjoy working with children, are child centric, and are looking for engaging and rewarding careers. Must possess strong organizational skills and have a positive attitude. Must also possess strong communication skills and be able to work collaboratively with the team at large.
The Child Care Educator will be reporting to the Day Care Manager at the Child Care Centre and is responsible for providing educational/age appropriate learning activities for children; assisting children with personal care needs and performing classroom related domestic responsibilities. Also must work well with parents, community members, and network with other programs.
Duties and responsibilities:
Provides educational/age appropriate learning experiences through planned activities for children by:
- Develop and implement childcare programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive and social development of children;
- Provides learning activities and models appropriate early childhood education practices with children and families;
- Ensures the safety of children and adheres to Childcare and Early Years Act, 2014 and MBQ/Eksa’ OKon: ’ a Child Care Centre policies;
- Assists in the operations of the program and facility;
- Researching and advising on child care issues by attending conferences, workshops, training and meetings.
- Minimum: 2 year Diploma in Early Childhood Education (ECE)
- Minimum: 1 - 2 years of previous experience
- Registered with the College of Early Childhood Education (RECE) – Preferred
- Strong Knowledge of Childcare and Early Years Act, 2014 and of trends/ best practices in Early childhood education
- Strong knowledge of child led play
- Knowledge and appreciation of the theories and principles related to the provision of childcare services including education, child nurturing and behavior
- Knowledge of childcare programs and other programs on and off Territory
- Knowledge of current Early Childcare Centre policies and procedures
- Inclusion: Commitment to working in a socially inclusive environment responding with sensitivity and personal awareness to the diverse needs of members including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity
- Communication: Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with a the children, parents and fellow staff members but most importantly enjoy having fun, getting messy and being involved in child led learning and play.
- Positive Attitude: Genuine warmth, care and passion for children and a high level of confidentiality
- Planning & Organizing: Strong organizational skills to plan and implement daily routines on a weekly and/ or monthly Safety & Quality: committed to providing quality education, basis according to seasons and themes, and daily journal logs and other activities.
- Computer: Excellent computer skills an asset, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Internet for researching childcare issues and providing advice as required
- Must be able to provide clear Vulnerable Sector check
- Updated immunization
- First Aid/ CPR /AED Level C Certification – WHMIS Training and Epi-pen Certification
- Willing to travel, i.e. workshops, conferences
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, current staff or members of Mohawks of the Bay of Quinte and Indigenous applicants will be given priority and are asked to self-identify
Job Type: Full-time
- Early Childhood Education: 1 year (Preferred)