Operations Manager, Full-time
Who we are:
Baldy Mountain Resort is a family focused Ski Resort located in the South Okanagan, BC – and in operation since 1968. Our focus is to continually build on our culture of fun that leaves a lasting impression with our guests and staff, as they create mountain memories. If this sounds like a culture you would like to be a part of, then check out this opportunity!
As a senior member of our Baldy Mountain Resort Leadership team, the primary function of this role is to help build and execute our Mountain Resort’s strategic plan. We require a hard-working, dedicated individual that is enthusiastic about bringing new ideas to the table, developing new relationships, leading, empowering, mentoring, and being directly accountable for the overall success of the Resort.
You will be responsible for overseeing day to day operations, maintaining sales goals, ensuring consistent high customer service, future planning and strategies utilizing performance metrics, budgets, sales and marketing. You are the coach; training and developing all your staff to ensure health and safety standards are met, as well as developing Bench Strength with the leaders of tomorrow to ensure the success of the resort by drawing new customers as well as retaining our current customers. This position will also play a big role in the development of off-season activities and events that will help BMR achieve its goal in becoming a year-round destination of choice for outdoor enthusiasts.
This position at Baldy Mountain Resort has huge potential, based on a multi-year development plan, with opportunities to advance and grow within the company.
- A creative, innovative, get-it-done kind of person, who is always looking for new and better ways to do things
- You are confident, outgoing, positive, and energetic. A visionary who sees the bigger picture and is not afraid to step out of your comfort zone.
- You have great leadership skills, likability and have no problem building new relationships.
- You’re flexible and adaptable in a constantly changing environment, thrive under pressure and can maintain positivity amongst challenges.
- You are a coach, leader, and mentor by nature. You take pride in the growth and development of the people around you, and lead by example.
- You bring with you a wealth of Ski Industry knowledge and experience
- You are prepared to do ‘what it takes’ with an attention to detail that is ‘second to none’ and prepared to work hours, from early morning to close in the evening, to achieve phenomenal results.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Direct oversight of operations, staffing and development of the following departments: lift operations & maintenance, ski patrol, slope grooming, building maintenance, vehicle & equipment maintenance, transportation, parking
- Direct oversight of all BMR Risk & Safety Management including developing and managing OH&S standards and ensuring WorkSafeBC compliance
- Work with ownership to ensure the creation and implementation of a strategy designed to grow the business
- Provide strong and effective leadership to staff in order to capitalize on their full potential
- Mentor and develop staff with the intent to increase the annual return rate
- Maintaining and managing all documentation related to Lift Maintenance in compliance with Technical Safety BC and industry standards
- Regular review of operational and maintenance checklists to ensure compliance with resort and industry standards
- Coordination of training and labour for areas of responsibility
- Preparation of annual budgets for areas of responsibility
- Evaluate and decide upon key investments in equipment, infrastructure, and talent
- Ensure that all areas of responsibility are working within financial targets
- Oversee and coordinate capital projects for the resort, as required
- Report on all industry changes related to areas of responsibility in a timely manner
- Understand COVID-19 Pandemic Response and ensure adherence to policies and directives
- Attend annual CWSAA meetings and conferences to stay up to date on industry trends
- Engage with the ownership in broader organizational strategy planning
- Other duties may be assigned