If you are a highly organized person who has a property management/administrative background, can track maintenance and lease items, enjoy building relationships with contractors and tenants and being thorough in everything you do, then you may be the right fit for this position. We offer a good salary, benefits package, and free parking.
We are a medium, locally owned property management company who believes that you can have fun and still do your work in a friendly and collaborative office. We provide a wide range of services to our clients, focusing on management of commercial, industrial, retail and residential properties across Metro Vancouver, and pride ourselves on the level of service given. Reporting to the Property Managers this position will be responsible for implementing and organizing annual maintenance items from start to finish for a portfolio of properties, as well as preparing the draft, review, and tracking of lease documentation.
Job Duties include:
- Responsibility for maintaining and updating all records related to buildings and tenants.
- Responsible for hands on accounts payable coding and hands on accounts receivable collection action
- Lead coordinator to complete and compile monthly client property operation and financial reports to meet deadlines
- Prepare legal documents of commercial tenant leases for office, retail, and industrial type buildings.
- Liaise with property managers in managing lease transactions, including credit checks for prospective tenants and market rate research.
- Prepare tenant lease summaries and tenant communication like memos, welcome packages, rental charges, renewal packages, arrears, etc.
- Tenant liaison and front-line coordination of day-to-day tenant requests. Dealing with tenant issues and queries in a professional and timely manner to provide great customer service.
- Liaising with property managers and overseeing the repairs and maintenance requirements for the building including arranging contractors/trades, obtaining quotes, managing the annual maintenance schedule, ensuring work is completed on time and proactively identifying areas for potential maintenance in advance.
- Working with other building staff to ensure smooth operation of the building and maintaining good relationships with tenants.
- Collect insurance certificates from tenants and update in tenant files.
- Providing support to the Property Manager as required, including administration tasks and other duties as requested.
- Reception backup/coverage as needed.
- 3-5 years' experience in an administrative role, preferably property management.
- “Can do” approach to handling matters in a fast pace environment
- Proficient in all aspects of Microsoft, with excellent Excel, Word, and Outlook.skills
- Ability to use spreadsheets and adapt them for various purposes.
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Good initiative, strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member.
- Strong work ethic and dependable.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- Property Management: 3 years (Preferred)