QM Environmental is one of Canada's largest and best full-service nation-wide decommissioning and environmental remediation firms. Always committed to health, safety and environment, QM has been experiencing consistent growth and we would like to invite you to be part of our success.
We offer exciting career growth, professional development, and a culture that is supported by teamwork and open communication. At QM, you will have the opportunity to learn from, and collaborate with, some of the most talented professionals and innovative thought-leaders in the industry.
Location: Delta, BC
QM is pleased to announce that we have an opening for a Site Supervisor in our Hazmat division to support the various projects in and around Delta, British Columbia.
Project Locations: Vancouver, BC area - Please be advised that you will need to arrange transportation to and from the job site.
- Supervise, coordinate, and lead crews on job sites to ensure successful day to day operations
- Read, understand and follow Corporate Health and Safety Program, Policies and Procedures
- Serve as a role model for the health and safety standards to be implemented and maintained
- In conjunction with any appointed Safety Officer, develop site - specific health and safety plans
- Ensure that written procedures are available and used for tasks that require written procedures
- Be aware and willing to ensure safety compliance by all personnel on site
- Ensure that workers report all injuries and that treatment for injuries are recorded
- Ensure that employees are provided with all required personal protective equipment and clothing
- Ensure that QM, client and regulatory requirements are adhered to in day-to-day work activities
- Ensure regular on-going inspections of the workplace are conducted and immediately correct identified unsafe work practices and conditions
- Report to the Project Manager and Operations Manager immediately, all incidents that must be reported or investigated
- Ensure incident investigations are conducted when required
- Review all site investigations and accident investigations
- Schedule and present regular safety crew talks
- Assign a qualified person with responsibilities for coordinating project health and safety when fulfilling prime contractor responsibilities
Education & Occupational Certification
- Grade 12 is an asset
- Must have Asbestos Awareness Ticket
- Experience in supervising jobs related to remediation or demolition is an asset
- Valid Driver's License
- Four (4) or more years of specific experience estimating jobs and supervising and coordinating employees,
- Experience in all resource allocation and management responsibilities and with the administration of prime contracts, subcontracts, and contract changes
- In evaluating options with respect to various technical, schedule, budget, regulatory, and financial constraints and for the purposes of guiding the demolition process
- Proven track record in working in a team environment
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Able to work long hours, overtime, and possible weekend work in various weather conditions
- Willing and able to work away from home for lengthy periods of time on different projects
- English language -- verbal, reading and written
- Must be able to lift 25-50 Lbs.
- Be fit for work every day
- Ability to delegate and supervise the work of others
- Ability to keep records and to prepare work and time reports
- Ability to use computers and is efficient with Microsoft excel
No phone calls from agencies please. Thank you.
We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices and accessible. QM Environmental welcomes and encourages applications from Indigenous Peoples, people with disabilities and women. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process as well as part of employment with QM Environmental.
Reference ID: SITE SUP - HAZMAT - DELTA
Job Type: Full-time
- Hazmat/Asbestos: 1 year (Required)
- lifting 25-50lbs : 1 year (Preferred)
- Supervising/Coordinating Employees: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- Asbestos Awareness ticket (Preferred)