Marsh Canada is seeking a charismatic, dedicated, insurance professional to join our personal lines insurance team.
This role is based out of our Montreal office
What can you expect?
- A friendly, fast paced, team environment with a strong emphasis on providing best in class service where no two days are the same.
- The ability to work for a strong, reputable and stable company.
- A company that understands that home-work life balance is important and allows for the flexibility to work both in the office and at home.
- A strong culture of collaboration, colleague empowerment with an emphasis on personal and professional growth
- A comprehensive 6 week training program to help get you started.
What is in it for you?
Marsh Canada offers a competitive employee benefits package including competitive salary, full benefit package starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STI, LTI, Life Insurance), exceptional retirement and saving plan (RSP, RRSP, TFSA, Stocks) and generous time off allotments (vacation, floater, sick time and early dismissal days)
We will count on you to:
- Respond to client inquiries and provide professional and exceptional insurance advice.
- Analyze, counsel and recommend coverages, identify and fill coverage gaps and identify cross sell opportunities.
- Provide quotations, prepare applications and submit in accordance with carrier guidelines and timelines
- Complete annual renewal reviews to ensure client needs from coverage and pricing perspective are maintained
- Obtain claims information in an empathetic, accurate and delicate manner and submit to the carrier in a timely manner
- Re-underwrite files at every client interaction to ensure policy information and documentation remains accurate.
- Manage incoming and outbound sales opportunities.
- Provide quotations, explain and select coverages based on a thorough needs analysis, prepare applications and submit in accordance with carrier guidelines and timelines
- Qualifying leads from digital campaigns, references, onsite visits, etc.
- Close sales and achieve monthly revenue quotas.
- Participate in monthly meetings to discuss benchmarks, personal as well as team goals for the upcoming months.
- Contact existing mono line clients to obtain the other lines of business to round out an account.
What you need to have:
- The position requires the successful candidate to be completely bilingual in French and English. Must have the ability to write, speak, and conduct business in both French & English.
- Personal lines agent or broker licensed in Quebec (AMF). AMF agent license holder will need to have it transferred to a broker’s license.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in a personal lines environment or equivalent transferable experience.
- College/University degree/Diploma is considered an asset
- Exceptional communication skills, time management and organizational skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of Products
- Average keyboarding skills (40+wpm)
- Intermediate Computer experience/knowledge.
- Position schedule is as follows 8:30-16:30 which is based on business needs.
What makes you stand out:
- Experience working in a call center environment
- Experience with a Broker Management System (TAM)
- Previous customer service experience
- Working towards the completion of CAIB and/or CIP
Marshis the world’s leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh McLennan(NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $20 billion and 83,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh McLennan is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their sex/gender, marital or parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
In accordance with applicable legislation, Marsh will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or medical
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Montréal, QC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Montréal, QC