JOB TITLE: Camp Program Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Parks, Recreation & Culture
SALARY LEVEL: $15.50/hour **under review**
LOCATION: Municipal Centre, 2585 King Road, King City
Responsible for, but not limited to, the overall direction, organization, and supervision of a summer camp program. Designs a specialty camp program and instructs staff and children in one or more program areas. This position supervises counselors to ensure staff are engaging campers in fun and stimulating activities. The Camp Program Coordinator provide a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for counsellors, campers and volunteers.
- Recreation Services Supervisor Supervision Responsibilities:
- None. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises activities for all designated campers.
- Assists with the supervision of summer Camp Counsellors and Volunteers.
- Provides break coverage to summer Camp Counsellors in designated camps.
- Assists with the development of summer Camp Counsellor training.
- Attends weekly meetings to receive camp-wide updates.
- Provides weekly, mid-summer, and year end evaluations of counsellors.
- Travels with the camp they oversee to any off-site activities.
- Manages, uses and distributes program supplies.
- Provides guidance to volunteers.
- Models and practices HIGH FIVE® – Principles of Healthy Childhood Development (Participation, Play, Mastery, Friends and Caring Adult).
- Assists with management of camp administrative documents.
- Provides a safe, fun and structured program. Develops detailed plans and organizes specialty instruction in the following areas:
- Outdoor Education
- The Arts
- Youth Leadership
- Specialty Sports: Skateboard & Scooter, Mountain Biking, Hockey, Chess & Badminton, Basketball, Volleyball, Soccer (Please specify) Qualifications:
- Minimum age of 18 years or older.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience instructing children in specialty programs. Excellent communication, programming, and leadership skills.
- Minimum of two (2) years of leadership or counselling experience in a camp environment.
- Valid Class G Licence and access to own vehicle.
- Valid First Aid & CPR-C Certification.
- HIGH FIVE® certification is considered an asset; Quest 2 certification an asset. Conditions of Employment:
- Required to work outside and follow all operating procedures and safety policies of the Township of King.
- Required to deal courteously and effectively with the general public, staff and other departments.
- Upon hire, completion of HIGH FIVE® Principles of Healthy Child Development, Quest 2, Standard First Aid and CPR-C and submission of a Vulnerable Sector Screening are required.
- Must be available to work all fourteen (14) weeks of the contract.
- Hours of work will be between 7:30AM – 6:00PM, Monday to Friday.
- Period of Employment: June 3, 2020 – September 4, 2020
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $15.50 /hour
- instructing children in specialty programs: 2 years (Preferred)
- leadership or counselling in a camp environment: 2 years (Preferred)
- High Five (Preferred)
- First Aid & CPR Level C (Required)
- G Class Driver's Licence (Required)
- Quest 2 (Preferred)