CIBC Asset Management Inc. is one of Canada's largest asset management firms with over $120 billion in assets under management. We are leaders in providing a broad range of high-quality global investment management solutions to retail and institutional clients.
Our assets include those under institutional money management for pension funds, endowments and insurance funds, private wealth management, and those that are part of the CIBC family of mutual funds such as CIBC Mutual Funds and Renaissance Investments family of funds and the CIBC family of managed portfolio solutions such as Managed Portfolio Services (MPS), Personal Portfolio Services (PPS), Frontiers Pools, and Axiom Portfolios. CIBC Asset Management is part of the CIBC Wealth Management group.
At CIBC Asset Management, our goal is to help our clients achieve what matters to them. Our philosophy is based on the CIBC values of Trust, Teamwork, and Accountability and we achieve results for our clients through an in-depth disciplined investing approach based on rigor and research.
The Portfolio Analyst reports to the Manager, Implementation and has delegated authority by the Manager.
Under the direction of the Manager Implementation, the incumbent is responsible for the Canadian, U.S. and International Equity implementation for private clients (CPIC).
The incumbent is also responsible for the updating and maintaining of the Portfolio Manager quote sheets.
The incumbent will also act as a backup for the implementation of all other tasks belonging to the Implementation Team.
1. Implement Equity rebalancing programs in Bloomberg based on internal and third party models. Make sure accounts are pre-trade compliant, adjust trading program when there is a breach. Using post-trade compliance reports justify account breaches and discuss corrective action with the Portfolio Manager.
2. Based on Portfolio Manager’s instruction (internal or external) execute strategic trades for all accounts within a particular model ensuring trades are pre-trade compliant.
3. Produce various daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly reports ensuring reports are accurate and released within their time deadlines. Update and maintain the assigned PM quote sheets on a daily basis. Provide PMs with any reports they require from the quote sheets.
4. Respond to special queries from internal clients such as the PMs or the Servicing Managers for CPIC (i.e. tax loss selling, trading simulations).
5. Act as a backup for the implementation of all other mandates belonging to the Implementation Team.
- This job interacts on a regular basis with the CPIC Product Team for the purpose of obtaining reports related to trading simulations and questions related to the implementation of accounts.
- This job interacts on a regular basis with the ICs from CPIC in relation to obtaining information about trading activity within their client accounts.
- This job works closely with the Portfolio Mangers to ensure a timely execution of their Strategic trades.
- This job works closely with the Trading Desk in relation to queries they might have for the trading programs they received.
- This job will interact with the Global Operation Teams for both CPIC and CGAM in relation to the incumbent getting information on corporate action processing and other entries posted in the client accounts.
- As an employee of CIBC, the incumbent must comply with all applicable CIBC and Line of Business policies, standards, guidelines and controls.
As a key contributor to the business unit, this job has the authority to recommend changes to business processes in order to enhance operational efficiency and effectiveness.
CAM Toronto and Montreal offices.
Implement equity trading programs for private and institutional accounts.
Potential for reputational risk to CIBC from compliance breaches or trade errors related to inaccurate data.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Bachelor of Commerce, major Accountancy or Finance
3 to 5 years of experience in the financial services industry (preferably investment accounting)
Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) is an asset.
Bilingualism, spoken and written
Good knowledge of MS-Office
Knowledge of SS&C investment software
Autonomy, initiative, sense of responsibilities and organizational skills
Capacity to meet tight deadlines and to work under pressure
Knowledge of Bloomberg
Analytic/Systematic thought process.
Strong attention to detail.
Ability to multi task while meeting tight deadlines for monitoring and investigations.
Autonomy, initiative, sense of responsibilities and organizational skills are required.
Capacity to meet deadlines and to work under pressure
This role operates within a normal office environment with little exposure to adverse working conditions.
Exercising judgment and making decisions that have a direct impact on the reputation and legal risk of CIBC.
Maintain a high level of productivity and accuracy while completing tasks in a time pressured environment.
Build and maintain professional working relationships with the different teams while being cognizant of the importance of independent judgment and autonomy.