We're looking for our next great Barista at our Second Cup Café located inside Square One Shopping Centre Does the idea of working with an iconic Canadian brand excite you? Do you have a passion for enriching the customer experience? Is your Second Cup just as exciting as your first? Then Second Cup Café has an exciting opportunity to join our team! We're seeking an amazing Barista who lives our company values - Integrity, Kindness, Gusto and has experience in uplifting our guests and people everyday!
- Create unforgettable beverages including espresso-based drinks
- Seek every opportunity to enhance the guest experience with every interaction and provide consistent and individualized guest attention.
- Demonstrate passion for the Second Cup brand and have knowledge of our products
- Keep café facilities clean and well maintained (dine-in area, restrooms, back of house)
- Restock product such as beans, cups and condiment stand.
- Complete sale with guests, using cash debit/credit and Mobile App.
- Follow business procedures for handling voids and cash handling mistakes
- Maintain coffee and food freshness standards while also controlling waste.
- Encourage guests to upload Mobile App and discuss the benefits associated with it.
- Adhere to dress code and always be punctual and ready for your shift!
YOU BRING TO THE ROLE:
- Excellent guest service skills- You have integrity, show kindness with each interaction and do it with GUSTO!
- Commitment to delivering superior quality-Obsessed with your quality of work and go above and beyond every day; you truly care about people and consider our guests in everything you do
- Coffee passion! An ambassador for our brand - takes great pride in what you do
- Team and community mindset- Focus on common goals; support and respect others and values relationships
- Authenticity- Honest, fair and act with integrity; treat each person as if they are the most important person in the room; collaborative and communicative Also know that in this active & exciting role you will be:
- Standing for extended periods of time
- Some lifting is required along with some bending, reaching and turning
- Exposure to noise (blenders, espresso machine), heat (steam from espresso machine)
Second Cup is an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. For additional information on our organization, please visit us at www.secondcup.com
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00 per hour
Flexible language requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Second Cup has implemented a robust health & safety program to combat the spread of Covid-19 including: employer health self-assessment prior to coming into work, sanitation and hand washing protocols & log, plexiglass shields etc
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON L5B 4L1: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Barista: 2 years (required)