Position Description Summary:
This position is responsible for safely, effectively, and efficiently cleaning Dies and Vacuums. The position of Die Cleaner is directly accountable to the Production Manager for driving results that contributes to ENERGI’s success in the following key business areas: Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds/23 kilograms.
- Poses a basic understanding of the extruder operation.
- Ability to accurately inspect tooling using applicable tools and measuring devices.
- Mechanical — Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance. Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Must be able to rotate shifts (Days, Nights and Afternoons)
General Requirements for this Position:
This position requires the employee to work under schedule-bound conditions in a manufacturing environment.
The facility works on a schedule of an eight (8) hour rotating shift format, 7 days per week and rotates on a 6-week basis.
Preparation of Material
- Must be able to drill, tap and remove broken screw. Check die to ensure it balances to print.
- Identify any tool that requires anodizing
- Maintain inventory of heater plates, adaptors, thermo couples, etc.
- Clean and inspect dies and vacuums
- Recommend changes to improve the quality of tooling and the profiles
- Maintain tools and supplies in good working order
Quick Changeover Program
- Must ensure tooling to be set-up is cleaned (Die, Head, Vacuum, Water tank) and it is assembled onto Die Kart (i.e. Gate, Head and Die).
- Perform other duties as assigned to satisfaction of the Tool and Die Supervisor and/or Tool and Die Manager.
ENERGI Fenestration Solutions Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer. We appreciate the interest of all candidates. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to any applicant who requires and requests accommodation.
Job Type: Full-time
- cleaning: 1 year (Preferred)