Orbis Risk Consulting has been delivering strategic advice and consulting services to Ottawa-area public
and private sector organizations since 2006. Orbis is a small, client-centric firm that delivers a range of
audit, internal control, risk management and business performance improvement services that are
tailored to meet the needs of each unique organization we work with. We draw on a pool of experienced
and accredited professionals and subject matter experts to deliver high-quality, strategic advisory
services that equip our clients with knowledge, innovative ideas, and transformative solutions,
empowering them to make difficult decisions and achieve their goals. We have plans for sustained
growth, providing tremendous career opportunities.
About the Position
Orbis Risk Consulting is looking for energetic, driven, bright, and experienced individuals to join our
growing business performance improvement practice. The Consultant assists project teams in delivering
a variety of challenging projects, including risk assessments, organizational reviews, operational audits
and reviews, and process improvement engagements. As a Consultant, you will play an integral role in
the successful completion of client assignments. You may be responsible for performing work
independently, as well as under the direction of management and senior staff, and in a supervisory
capacity over junior staff.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are key duties and responsibilities of this position:
- Assist the senior consultant and/or manager in coordinating fieldwork for assignments by
contributing to the development of project plans, fieldwork task schedules, scheduling and
preparing for workshops and interviews, gathering documentation, and liaising with client staff.
- As applicable, coordinate, direct, and supervise work conducted by junior staff.
- Perform engagement procedures designed to identify and define issues, review and analyze
evidence, document business processes, and test control design and operating effectiveness.
Prepare working papers to support results of procedures.
- Design and conduct interviews with client management to gain an understanding of client business
conditions, risks and controls, including preparation of interview notes.
- Identify, develop and document issues and recommendations using independent judgment
concerning areas being reviewed.
- Develop and implement recommendations for improvement that are practical, pragmatic, and
appropriate to the client’s environment.
- Assist in coordinating and communicating the results of consulting projects via written reports and
oral presentations to management.
- Ensure all review notes are addressed and reviewed with the senior consultant and/or manager.
- Participate in the drafting of reports and presenting draft to the senior consultant and/or manager
for review and approval.
- Conduct related projects/work as assigned.
Proposals and Business Development
- Assist with developing proposals for submission to prospective clients under the direction of the
- Participate in networking events related to Orbis’ practice areas.
Internal Business Practices
Eligibility Criteria & Requirements:
- Identify and make recommendations to improve office work processes as applicable.
- University undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline (Business, Public Administration, etc.) and
2 – 3 years of relevant experience; OR university graduate degree in a relevant discipline
(Business, Public Administration, etc.)
- Proficiency in English; French language skills considered an asset
- Pursuit of a relevant professional designation (e.g. Certified Internal Auditor, Chartered Professional
Accountant, Risk Management certification, etc.) is mandatory for all successful candidates
- Willingness and ability to work significant overtime during peak periods
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills with ability to communicate and build rapport with
colleagues and all levels of client organizations
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Eligibility for Government of Canada Security Clearance at the Secret Level
203-1327A Wellington Street West, Ottawa, Ontario
Salary & Benefits
- $42,000 - $50,000
- Performance pay based on individual contributions and corporate success
- Flexible benefits package (health and dental insurance, sports memberships, etc.)
- 4 weeks of vacation
Why Join Orbis
- You will have a dynamic career and be instrumental in growing a successful local business.
- We value flexibility in the workplace and understand the importance of family and other personal
- We refuse to burn people out and are dedicated to delivering balance over the year.
- 4 weeks of vacation, plus time in lieu for excessive overtime.
- Everyone at Orbis has a healthy dose of humility and positive attitude.
- Many of the consultants and staff you will work with are the best in the business, former CFOs,
CEOs and seasoned professionals who you can learn a lot from.
- While busy and dynamic, our office has a comfortable and inviting feel.
- Orbis is a fun place to work; you’ll look forward to coming to work each morning.
How to Apply
Send your resume including a short cover letter to email@example.com clearly stating the position you are
applying for and how your skills and experience meet the job criteria and requirements.