STEM Learning Lab is looking for passionate Early Learning Childcare Casual Relief Staff who are energetic, versatile, quick-learning, and professional. Programs are located across Calgary (Sandstone Valley, Tuscany, Ramsay, and Lynnwood). This is an opportunity to join a driven, diverse, and growing company with a focus on engaging students in high quality, hands-on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math), STEAM (STEM + Art) and Maker learning experiences! Our Out-of-School Care program planning is inspired by Reggio Emilia Philosophy and the Growth Mind-Set of education.
What the Role Looks Like:
- Working directly with children age 5-12 as relief for illness/absence of regular staff in a STEM enriched environment.
- Assisting regular staff to set up and clean program as needed, supervise children, and ensure compliance of Albert Childcare Licensing.
- On-call hours between the hours of 7AM - 6PM Monday through Friday (3-8 hour shifts, straight shift or split shift as needed).
- Position runs until June 2020.
- Potential to gain regular (part time or fullt time) employment with STEM Learning Lab in one of our Before and Aftercare Programs.
Required For the Position:
- Childcare Development Certification (CDA/level 1, CDW/level 2, or CDS/level 3)
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Check dated no earlier than 6 months prior to start date
- Valid Standard First-Aid CPR-C
Assets for consideration of this position:
- Reliable transportation (e.g. can get to a location quickly)
- Experience working with ages 5-12 in an Out of School Care setting
Base hourly pay rate including government top up (program dependant as some are fully accredited and others are pre-accredited) ranges are as follows:
- Child Development Assistant (level 1) - $16.44 to $17.14
- Child Development Worker (level 2) - $18.70 to $20.05
- Child Development Supervisor (level 3) - $21.42 to $23.62
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $16.44 to $23.62 /hour
- Alberta Childcare Development Certification (Required)
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Police Check (Required)
- Standard First Aid CPR-C (Required)