POSITION: Senior HRIS Analyst
LOCATION: 90 Belfield Rd, Toronto, ON
STATUS: Full Time
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
The Senior HRIS Analyst partners with HR colleagues and their customers to analyze work process design and flow, improve processes and leverage the return on technological capabilities.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Partners with Assistant Manager-HR Technology and Enablement to develop forward-thinking strategies around system enhancements, integrations, process improvement and user experience.
- Manages projects and process improvement, including applying change management experience to facilitate movement to new levels of quality.
- Recommends process/customer service improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy, which must be approved by appropriate leadership prior to implementation.
- Performs system maintenance, including assisting in the review, testing and implementation of HR information system upgrades or patches. Collaborates with functional and technical staff to coordinate application of upgrade or fix. Maintains HR information system tables. Documents process and results.
- Provides production support, including researching and resolving HR information system problems, unexpected results or process flaws; performing scheduled activities; recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet requirements.
- Generates reports/queries, including writing, maintaining and supporting a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Assists in development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs. Helps maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data.
- Conducts training, including developing user procedures, guidelines and documentation. Trains end users on new processes/functionality. Trains new system users.
- Maintains awareness of current trends in HR technology with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support, and applying key technologies. Examines trends in information systems training, materials and techniques. Continuously increases both HR knowledge and HR technology application/tools knowledge.
- Monitors HRIS integrations to ensure they are functioning properly and works with team members cross functionally to improve them.
- Manages audit and quality control processes for maintaining data integrity and security of HRIS.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, human resources or related field or equivalent work experience and a minimum of 5 years of related experience. Master's degree in human resource management, MIS, computer science or related degree preferred and a minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Intermediate to Advanced skill using Oracle HCM fast formula writing.
- Intermediate to Advanced skill Oracle HCM OTBI Publisher report writing.
- Experienced working with HRM software, such as Oracle HCM, Workday HCM, Criterion HCM, and PurelyHR. Knowledge of and experience with Oracle HCM is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge in database management and security, as well as running SQL queries.
- Demonstrated knowledge of qualitative/quantitative measurement and data collection design principles.
S&C is a global company providing equipment and services for electric power systems. Founded in 1911, the Chicago-based company designs and manufactures switching and protection products for electric power transmission and distribution. S&C’s Engineering teams design solutions for a portfolio of products for a wide range of customers including electric utilities and industrial/commercial power users. S&C offers broad opportunities for advancement, excellent education and training programs, a challenging work environment, and a strong package of pay and benefits.
The Human Energy of S&C has been built on the principles of integrity, enthusiasm, and sustained energy. These are the traits that S&C has always looked for and found when seeking people to join our 100% employee-owned team. S&C would not be where it is today without the diversity of our team members and business partners. We consider our diversity to be a core strength of our company, and we aspire to align our team-member demographics with the populations in which we live and work. To realize this vision, we seek to facilitate the career development of minorities, women and all team members through events hosted by our Inclusion, Diversity, Engagement and Awareness (I.D.E.A.) Group, Women’s Empowerment Group and other S&C affinity groups.
S&C has a proud and longstanding tradition of providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Further, S&C is committed to taking affirmative action to ensure that qualified females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities can pursue equal employment opportunities. For information regarding equal employment opportunity, please see http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
S&C Electric Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.
S&C Electric Canada Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability.
Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting HR.Canada@sandc.com