WHAT IS THE JOB?
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Programs And Professional Development, the Diversity Outreach Coordinator is responsible for coordinating Engineers and Geoscientists BC’s diversity initiatives in support of 30 by 30 and is the key staff support on behalf of Engineers and Geoscientists BC for the Sector Labour Market Partnership project. This position is responsible for coordinating efforts across the organization in support of building diversity across various program areas and building key partnerships to support collective efforts.
The Diversity Outreach Coordinator position is a 18 month full-time contract role from October 2019 to March 2021.
The main responsibilities of the position are:
- Supporting the development and implementation of the 30 by 30 action plan through identifying key partners, preparing reports (metrics, budget), and coordinating initiatives with program leaders;
- Providing support to 30 by 30 Champions Group through committee management, preparing and scheduling meetings, taking meeting minutes and following up on action plans, presentation development, updating and sourcing content for an online community platform, and liaising with other supporting committees;
- Providing support for the Sector Labour Market Partnership project through coordinating project activities, preparing meetings, and handling project communications;
- Sourcing and developing partnerships/ relationships with other organizations to support diversity initiatives and programs;
- Develop content for communication/ promotional materials and website regarding 30 by 30 initiatives, activities/ events, and news.
- Facilitating and assisting with the coordination of additional events, which involves sourcing speakers, drafting contracts, creating schedules, preparing presentation materials, communicating information with the attendees and venues, and answering any inquiries;
- Other duties as assigned.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Completion of Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, or a related discipline.
- 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience related to program and project management, communication strategy, and event management.
The position will require the person to demonstrate they have:
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Attention to detail
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- A valid BC driver’s license, access to a vehicle, and is willing to travel to offsite events within the lower mainland.
WHO ARE WE?
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is responsible for the licensing and regulation of BC’s professional engineers and geoscientists. With over 37,000 members, we are the second largest regulatory body in the province. Engineers and Geoscientists BC offers contract employees a compensation package that includes a competitive salary, wages as pay-in-lieu of group benefits, and a Flex Day Program that offers compressed work weeks that result in paid days off for the extra time worked.
To apply for this position please send your cover letter and résumé to Human Resources.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract