6 MONTH CONTRACT- EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT
The Quatsino Band Council is seeking to hire a dynamic and self-motivated
individual for the Executive Assistant position. The Quatsino First Nation is located
near Coal Harbour on the north end of the Vancouver Island.
The Executive Assistant reports directly to the Band Manager. This position
provides a high level of administrative support to the Chief & Council; prepares
meeting agendas, arranges Chief & Council meetings, conducts background research,
prepares correspondence, travel itineraries/arrangements, etc.
- Responding to and fielding telephone calls, relaying messages to the
appropriate party, and handling incoming communications such as email and
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Chief and Council,
Band Manager, finance manager
- Manage calendars, plan meetings and conferences, and make travel
- Responsible for human resources tasks such as posting job ads, screening of
candidates and conducting interviews in person or over the phone.
- Conserves time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence;
drafting letters and documents; collecting analyzing information; initiating
- Maintains confidence and protects operations by keeping information
- Completes projects by working with clerical staff & following up on results.
- Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information.
- Secures information & files by completing database backups.
Quatsino Band Council
305 Quattishe Rd
Coal Harbour, BC V0N 1K0
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational
workshops; reviews professional publications; establishes personal
networks; participates in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Business administration certificate, diploma, or degree.
- Work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines and with challenging work
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and be assertive in challenging
situations. A willingness to learn and to be trained will help with career
- Administrative writing skills and reporting skills.
- Supply management and equipment maintenance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs.
- Has effective and confident presentation skills.
- Valid BC driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Please note: Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted and salary to
commensurate with qualifications and experience. Closing Date: June 21, 2021
Please direct any questions and/or cover letters, resumes complete with three
references, and a criminal record check to:
Quatsino Band Council
Attn: Cary-Lee Calder, Band Manager
305 Quattishe Rd V0N1K0
Contract length: 6 months
Application deadline: 2021-06-21
Quatsino First Nation provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $44,036.00-$53,822.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday