Elite Digital (https://elitedigitalagency.com) is an award-winning digital marketing agency that is growing rapidly. For over 15 years, we have worked with many of the country’s leading brands as their one-stop partner for cohesive digital marketing campaigns, web design and development, search marketing and optimization, social media, mobile apps, marketing automation, and more. We have a client roster spanning multiple verticals, which leads to new and exciting challenges and opportunities. We are known for our high-quality innovative work powered by really amazing people.
A few of our proud accolades...
- Growth 500, Canada's Fastest Growing Companies 2018 (#87), Canadian Business
- Business Excellence Award, Toronto Board of Trade
- Best Consumer Website, Summit International Awards
- Best Consumer Micro-site, Summit International Awards
- Best Rebranding, Summit International Awards
- Top 50 Email Service Providers, Website Magazine
- Canada’s Top 300 IT Companies, Backbone Magazine
We are looking for a talented, multi-skilled Senior Web/Graphic designer that will be working with one of our pharmaceutical clients at their Kirkland office in Quebec. This is a perfect role for an individual with a passion in healthcare and designing for multiple digital/print projects on the go.
The Senior Web/Graphic Designer will be reporting to our Creative Director as well as the Client Lead. They will be managing web/print projects and working collaboratively with agile teams to design pieces for web and print for their respective brands.
- Design original pieces for print and web, including, but not limited to, website assets, logos, posters, ads, leave-behind pamphlets, illustrations and infographic, etc.
- Modify existing previously created graphics with new/updated information or Canadian localization
- Liaison with external agency partners to streamline collaborative projects
- Responsible for more complex and important design projects based on priority level, timelines, and the complexity of the project
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions with business/brand leads to develop ideas and portray concepts in order to advertise products/services
- Refine images, fonts and layouts using graphic design software
- Apply typography techniques to design using grid structures
- Increase user-friendliness in digital products by implementing UX best practices and conducting research on suitable solutions
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all our marketing projects
- Communicate with Project Managers and business/brand leads to ensure deadlines of projects are met
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments and tools by conducting research and updating tools, watching tutorial videos, etc.
- Engage Creative Directors and/or Art Directors to determine scope of a project or task
- Create images that properly conveys key brand messages
- Develop graphics for product illustrations, logos, and websites
- Select colors, images, text style, and layout based on tone established by Creative/Art Directors and brand guidelines
- Present or send final designs to Art Directors or business/brand leads for approval/review/feedback.
- Incorporate feedback from clients and key stakeholders on projects to finalize designs.
- Review designs for errors before completing work
- Execute all design work based on creative brief and instructions from the business/brand leads.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Post secondary degree or diploma in Graphic Design, Web Design or related field
- Degree or Diploma in Marketing and/or Advertising or equivalent experience
EXPERIENCE, TECHNICAL SKILLS and KEY COMPETENCIES
- 3-5 years of professional experience in graphic and/or web design
- 2+ years of working knowledge and understanding of UX strategy
- Bilingual (English/French) is an asset
- Must have prior experience managing projects
- Advanced in design software: Adobe Creative Cloud applications (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), and Sketch/Figma
- 2+ years of experience in printing processes and pre-press
- Prior knowledge working with prototyping tools and the ability to learn new tools quickly for UX (Invision, Adobe XD, Balsamiq, Marvel, etc.)
- Must have excellent visual design skills and attention to details
- Have exceptional organizational skills and multi-tasking capabilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
Kirkland, QC (H9H 4M7)
**MUST APPLY WITH SALARY EXPECTATIONS TO BE CONSIDERED.**
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please make it clear within your cover letter. We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
Job Type: Contract
- UX: 1 year (Preferred)
- Graphic/Web Design: 3 years (Required)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)