Grillo Law Professional Corporation. is a prominent Toronto plaintiff personal injury law firm with over 35 years of experience. We specialise in car accident claims, slip & falls, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, catastrophic determinations and products liability.
- Well-developed time management skills and commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Requesting productions and medical documentations.
- Ability to work as part of a team, along with lawyers and administrative staff, to ensure high-quality services and reputation of the firm.
- Organising and maintaining the documents brief both in electronic and paper version.
- Update records, preparing memorandum of progress on individual matters, diarizing telephone calls.
- Draft documents for review by lawyer responsible for matters (pleading, Affidavits of Documents, Mediation memorandum, Requests to Admit, Directions, Agreements, Consents, Motion Materials, Settlement Memos, etc.).
- Ensure appropriately thorough and timely document production by all parties to actions.
- Arrange legal examinations for clients manage all scheduling.
- Review examination for discovery transcripts to compile undertakings and refusals and follow up in a timely manner.
- Draft correspondence to clients, experts, other parties, witnesses, etc. as needed.
- Draft and prepare correspondence to opposing counsel and legal documents including, Motion Records, Factum, Books Of Authorities, Affidavits of Documents, pre-trial memos and certification forms
- Schedule pre-trial, trials and motions.
- Prepare and assist with statement of accounts and assessable disbursements
- Diarize all deadlines and ensure that preparations for trials, discoveries and mediations are completed in a timely manner.
- Initiate and maintain all client contact including meetings, calendar scheduling, and delegation where required to other team members.
Attributes & Experience
- Legal assistant diploma
- 3+ years of plaintiff personal injury tort experience
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and have superior critical thinking skills
- Strong technical skills, including Microsoft Office. Familiarity with Amicus an asset.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, the ability to work well under pressure and with a high volume of files (an average of 250 with varying difficulty)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining keen attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills
- Knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure and Torts are a must, including the ability to read and interpret legislation
- Working knowledge of Accidents Benefits an asset
- Maintain physical files in pristine order and update knowledge management systems (Amicus, PC Law) as needed
- Ability to work overtime as needed
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year