Build a Dynamic and Rewarding Career With Us!
We are situated in exceptional surroundings located just steps away from the iconic Niagara Falls. Offering a collection of many of the world’s leading brands with phenomenal views of one of the world’s natural wonders right outside your front door, including: Marriott on the Falls Hotel, Milestones Grill + Bar and Starbucks and many more.Whether our guests are traveling on business or taking a much needed vacation, our mission is deliver extraordinary and seamless experiences that will always exceed the expectations of our guests.
At the Marriott on the Falls, our Finance operations thrive with the commitment of our Associates who demonstrate and support the Marriott core values and culture of putting people first, acting with integrity, serving our world, embracing change and pursuing excellence.Fostering an entrepreneurial culture through collaboration with Managers of the individual business units to ensure ongoing success, we are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst who is results-driven in supporting the revenue and profit growth of the Company. Reporting to the Controller of the Marriott on the Falls, responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Prepare monthly financial statements within assigned deadlines.
- Prepare and post journal entries and prepare periodic cheque requisitions with appropriate supporting documentation.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations.
- Analyze month-end expenses in comparison to budget and prior periods with accurate and relevant explanations.
- Provide support in areas of financial reporting, analytical support, and on-going process improvement.
- Back-up support for other finance roles, preparing account reconciliations, and other projects as required.
- Monitor compliance to internal controls, recommend improvements, and assist withdeveloping and documenting new control policies and procedures.
- Identifying opportunities to realize efficiencies, increase revenues and/or reduce costs.
- Assist with preparing the annual budget and supporting the year-end audit.
- Provide financial analysis to support operational and finance objectives.
- Provide support to other team members as required.
- Provide back-up duties for other finance roles.
- Directing and assisting finance team members as required.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Some Benefits Marriott on the Falls Employees Enjoy:
- Graduate with a major in Accounting, Finance, Commerce, or related area.
- New CPA or pursuing an accounting designation.
- Experience working with Accpac/Sage 300 software would be an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.), with advanced expertise in MS Excel (Vlook-ups, pivot tables).
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to support and work with operations staff and a desire to be an integral part of a positive team environment.
- High energy level and able to quickly respond to changing work volumes/tasks.
- Must be located within a reasonable commutable distance.
- Health and Dental Benefits.
- Complimentary daily staff meal.
- Immediate access to the Friends and Family hotel and dining discounts at any participating Marriott and Starwood brands hotels worldwide.
- Complimentary parking.
- Complimentary Company sponsored events.
- Personalized electronic access to your pay statements and annual T4 statements- accessible from the comfort of your own home, any computer, tablet or smartphone 24 hours per day, 7 days a week via. online.
Marriott on the Falls is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture, and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest in joining the Marriott team; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.