SUMMARY OF POSITION
The senior accountantposition is responsible for the real estate assets and funds that invest in those assets.
SKILLS AND COMPENTENCIES
· Accounting designation (CPA) or near completion
· Related Post-Secondary education
· 3 to 5 years of accounting experience within the real estate industry
· Experience with Yardi preferred
· Exceptional computer skills including advanced knowledge of Excel
· Attention to detail in all areas of work
· Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and their application within real estate
· Proven organizational skills, ability to meet multiple deadlines and handle multiple tasks within a fast-paced high-pressure work environment;
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral;
· Conscientious worker, who can work independently or in a team setting with minimal supervision
Roles and Responsibilities of PosItion
The roles responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Handle full-cycle accounting for development projects
· Provide accurate and timely financial information as required by management, investors and other parties
· Have full involvement and accountability for the portfolio, includes all monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting.
· Reconcile and understand all balance sheet accounts, produce monthly financial statements and supplementary reporting
· Prepare/review monthly bank reconciliations
· Ensure all HST filings are submitted and payments are remitted in a timely manner
· Assist in preparation of year-end financial statements, working papers and other required items for year-end audit process and tax filing process
· Update the development cash balances and forecast cash flows and sources of funds
· Manage and update development budgets on a monthly basis and provide analysis on the variances.
· Oversee, track and reconcile trust funds and the associated accounting for funds held in trust for development projects
· Work with external consultants on the monthly development draws
· Forecast and manage investors capital calls for the development projects
· Track and update development fees
· Assist with monthly, quarterly investor reporting
· Other ad hoc duties as required
TAS is an innovative development company that focuses on urban developments. We develop mixed-use projects in the GTA. Our approach is founded on our Four Pillars of Sustainability ensuring that each of our projects recognizes and responds to the social, cultural, economic and environmental drives that impact the neighbourhoods and communities within which we build. We recognize our role as city builders and ensure that we contribute to the positive growth of our city. We identify, buy and develop properties in emerging neighbourhoods and engage in a collaborative process with our stakeholders. Our success is rooted in the strength and collaboration of our team members.
Job Type: Full-time