Summit Camps is recruiting for workforce camp-based positions. We offer an inclusive work environment, competitive wages and a benefits package available following probationary period. Travel is also covered from your point of departure.
Primary Role: Housekeepers are responsible for cleaning guest rooms and all common areas of camp as well as doing laundry.
- WHMIS and First Aid Level 1 preferred
- Housekeeping experience working in a camp or hotel preferred
- Must be able to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to employment and work/live in a drug and alcohol-free camp environment for up to 4 weeks at a time.
Personal Attributes & Skills:
- Must have a strong sense of discretion and honesty
- Highly motivated to create a safe, clean and well-organized environment for clients and staff
- Positive, flexible and professional attitude at all times
- Capable of working as part of a closely knit team
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organization and time management skills
- Reliable, punctual, consistent
- Professional image with good personal hygiene
- Must be able to lift, move, push, pull, and carry up to 50 lbs
- Good physical stamina; capable of working long hours on your feet, including bending, crouching and kneeling. This is a physically demanding job.
- Must be able to live in a remote camp environment for up to 4 weeks with a 2-week break, working up to 12-hour days
- Practice safe work procedures and rectify and/or report any safety hazards immediately
- Perform daily housekeeping service in sleeping quarters and public areas
- Wash, fold, and store all housekeeping laundry (towels, sheets, blankets, etc.)
- Change garbage and recycling bins daily
- Keep all storage areas and cleaning supplies organized and stocked
- Report any maintenance or supply issues to supervisor promptly
Wage: $17/hour plus overtime, 12 hour days
Salary: $17.00 per hour