This position is located in Brampton, Ontario.
Give and Go Prepared Foods Corp. is a Canadian manufacturer of baked goods supplying retailers and the foodservice industry. With our extensive product selection and portfolio of successful brands, we cover all needs, from bite sized treats under the bestselling two-bite brand, decadent cupcakes under Kimberley’s Bakeshoppe, feel good granola snacks under Mason St. Bakehouse, or traditional treats under The Worthy Crumb Pastry Co.
Give and Go offers:
- Temperature controlled, clean and safe work environment
- Benefit plans: medical, health, dental etc.
- Standardized shifts
- A diverse team
- Paid training
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Day Shift: Mon to Fri, from 7:00am to 3:00pm
- Afternoon Shift: Mon to Fri, from 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm
- Shift hours are subject to change depending upon production needs.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Use SPC weight control system where applicable to meet process and/or customer specifications.
- Continuously monitor and adjust the process based on upstream and downstream production needs.
- Responsible for accurate and timely completion of production records.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Responsible for practicing and adhering to Food Safety, GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices) and Health and Safety.
- Regularly monitor that the product conforms to quality specifications.
- Ensure proper and safe operation of the equipment including cleaning and inspection of equipment.
- Participate in changeovers and clean-up or sanitation of equipment.
- May be assigned to other production support duties as required.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Completion of high school education or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of manufacturing experience; food manufacturing experience an asset.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude - Minor assembly and disassembly, machine setup and troubleshooting skills are required.
- Computer competency - Gets up to speed quickly on machine controls, SPC data entry or other data entry requirements.
- Comfortable performing simple math calculations as part of daily activities.
- Strong team skills - Able to work independently and contribute to team success.
- Good verbal communication and understanding of written materials (SOPs, training documents)
- Flexibility to work occasional weekend shifts and overtime.
Give & Go Prepared Foods Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics or other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, Give and Go will accommodate any applicant with disabilities throughout the recruiting processes, including any required applications, interviews and/or assessments.
Job Type: Full-time