JOB IDENTIFICATION: Education Assistant 2
Under the supervision of the Principal and general direction of the teacher, performs a variety of duties
related to the preparation of teaching materials and working with students.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
01. Works with students on a one-to-one or group basis to reinforce concepts taught by the teacher.
02. Prepares teaching materials.
03. Prepares classroom displays and charts.
04. Marks tests and work sheets using a key.
05. Assists with student supervision.
06. Monitors and reports observations of academic progress and student behaviour to the teachers.
07. Operates equipment including photocopier, computer, typewriter and audio-visual equipment.
08. Works in a setting with a high degree of confidentiality.
09. May, on occasion, be required to perform other job related duties.
10. Provides a good role model.
11. Displays excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
12. Maintains safe work practices.
01. Grade 12 or equivalent.
02. Education Assistant Certificate or equivalent education.
03. Previous experience in a related field.
For CUPE (Local 173) For School District No. 74 (Gold Trail)
Last printed 2/15/2018 11:06:00 AM