Kootenay Employment Services (KES) is expanding to be the primary employment services provider in the East Kootenays. We are seeking a dynamic individual to deliver an upcoming young adult employment program called Aspire, and potentially join the KES team in a permanent capacity.
The Aspire program will guide participants through career counselling workshops, group-based employment and skills training, on the job experience, and job placements. KES will work closely with local employers and service providers to empower participants to obtain meaningful employment and long-term career development.
This position will run from late April 2019 to end of December 2019. During this time there will be two sessions, each with 8 weeks of (near) full-time employment followed by 10 weeks of part-time employment. Peak employment will take place in May, June, September, and October. Sessions will be run concurrently across the East Kootenays and local program facilitators will collaborate to enhance delivery.
The successful candidate will skillfully and independently manage program administration, facilitation and employer relations.
- Communicate and coordinate with the KES Program and Employer Relations coordinators
- Communicate and coordinate with Aspire facilitators in other communities
- Oversee local participant recruitment and selection
- Manage local project record-keeping and reporting
- Deliver workshops in a flexible manner that adjusts both content and approach in response to the needs of participants
- Gather and develop training materials including electronic presentations
- Collaborate with other KES staff and project partners to ensure seamless delivery
- Establish and maintain positive, constructive working relationships with a diverse network of local employers for the purpose of achieving and enhancing program outcomes
- Contact employers to strategize placement options and direct market specific participants
- Maintain regular contact with the employer community to uncover placement possibilities
- Arrange and attend interviews for barriered clients as needed
- Assist participants to negotiate hours of work, working conditions, duties, etc.
- Self-motivated, confident, and able to work independently
- Experience working with young adults
- Proven ability to deliver material in a flexible manner
- Excellent conflict management skills and strong ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and electronic
- Excellent sales and customer care skills including cold calling and relationship management
- Strong active listening, motivational, and coaching skills
- Strong organizational and time management abilities including proficiency multi-tasking, prioritizing tasks, and making impromptu adjustments to work plans
- A well-developed understanding of the local and regional employer community and a good understanding of the local labour market
- Sensitivity to employer and job-seeker confidentiality and ability to adhere to privacy and security regulations and protocols
- A clean criminal record check for the vulnerable sector
- Valid BC driver’s license and access to a vehicle
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter that describes your approach to working with young adults and explains your experience in program administration, facilitation, and employer relations.
Please provide two references.
Closing Date: Sunday, April 7, 2019, 4pm
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary